New Dawn - Initial Impressions

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: New Dawn - Initial Impressions

Post by N.ator »

i can say from right now as a trader, i like how there is a nearby galaxy i can trade in that is neutral
ImageImage
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

N.ator wrote:i can say from right now as a trader, i like how there is a nearby galaxy i can trade in that is neutral
How do you like the fact that is has only two races? The fact that it is shared with the other racial it is attached too is good or bad? I thought it encouraged different peace votes too. I know that wq/ik now have peace.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Jester- wrote:
N.ator wrote:i can say from right now as a trader, i like how there is a nearby galaxy i can trade in that is neutral
How do you like the fact that is has only two races? The fact that it is shared with the other racial it is attached too is good or bad? I thought it encouraged different peace votes too. I know that wq/ik now have peace.

oh yeah without a doubt i like that idea of it. its good for both traders and hunters!
ImageImage
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I tried to make it so races that didn't usually have peace got put together.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

I have one issue with this round, it has nothing to do with the map. The layout is very nice but the need to place sector after sector of npc mine scans of 5100 is totally unnecessary. They should have been more of a nuisance not a full on chore to clear them.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

JettJackson wrote:I have one issue with this round, it has nothing to do with the map. The layout is very nice but the need to place sector after sector of npc mine scans of 5100 is totally unnecessary. They should have been more of a nuisance not a full on chore to clear them.
<gives JJ another tissue>

JJ's forgotten how to clear 5100 scans... someone has gone soft...

Not to mention, if you bothered to read the 'background' on the map you would understand. Its not like there were 5100 scans EVERY WERE, 4 of 8 planet galaxies, if you don't want to clear them don't go into the planet galaxies.

Fail to see how that is so difficult...
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

RCK wrote:
JettJackson wrote:I have one issue with this round, it has nothing to do with the map. The layout is very nice but the need to place sector after sector of npc mine scans of 5100 is totally unnecessary. They should have been more of a nuisance not a full on chore to clear them.
<gives JJ another tissue>

JJ's forgotten how to clear 5100 scans... someone has gone soft...

Not to mention, if you bothered to read the 'background' on the map you would understand. Its not like there were 5100 scans EVERY WERE, 4 of 8 planet galaxies, if you don't want to clear them don't go into the planet galaxies.

Fail to see how that is so difficult...
Who would take one gal but not the other... they are clustered together, with how jump is now you cant have a jump route unless you have both if they were 8 individual gals standing alone your point would have meaning.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

<hands JJ the box of tissues>
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

RCK wrote:<hands JJ the box of tissues>
Good post, surely this is a constructive post that will help the game.

Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

NPC forces is a dumb idea to begin with.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.