New Dawn - Initial Impressions

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: New Dawn - Initial Impressions

Post by RCK »

Page wrote:So now planets are too easy to defend? I could have sworn you've been complaining for ages how hard to defend they are :P
He is upset because we schooled him :)

16 vs 8 and they still A) lost 11+ ships B) Didnt take the planet

Thats grounds to start complaining that its 'to easy to defend"... i guess... failure is usually the source of all complaints :)
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Yea, now go take his planets, it'll be even worse now he's said it's too easy to defend ;)
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Page wrote:Yea, now go take his planets, it'll be even worse now he's said it's too easy to defend ;)
If you insist :)
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

A note on Jett's comment. The galaxies were MADE to be able to exit when someone was busting. That way people can defend.

Also we were outside of galaxy before you even started, so that doesn't matter anyways.

Furthermore there is ways around it but you didn't take those paths, so try new strategies instead of blaming the system.
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

Infinity wrote:
My only objection is max turns, 600 would be better cause of the size of the map. Rest is just fine.

Cheers!

K.
I agree.. With the amount of warps in this map, 550 is a bit ridiculous. If I want to go to a racial I have to spend 1hr40mins worth of turns just on warps. And on average its 20+ sectors + 3warps to a racial anyways.

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

Sufex wrote:
Infinity wrote:
My only objection is max turns, 600 would be better cause of the size of the map. Rest is just fine.

Cheers!

K.
I agree.. With the amount of warps in this map, 550 is a bit ridiculous. If I want to go to a racial I have to spend 1hr40mins worth of turns just on warps. And on average its 20+ sectors + 3warps to a racial anyways.
This is one of the reasons i like this map. I

If you want to play with planets, then it costs turns.
If you want to own planets, but still hunt racial galaxies, then it costs turns.

It limits players from doing everything in a single op, or a single hunting session, or whatever else. I liked it better when SMR was still new, and the speeds were slower and turn cap was smaller. I remember the days when you had to run an op smoothly, in order to clear through an enemy minefield, and bust their lvl 9 port to destroy their route, and then you were out of turns. Or clear the minefield, and bust one planet, then you were out of turns. Or set up shop and hunt one racial galaxy for the day. I really enjoy people not being able to clear an entire minefield and take every planet in one op. Or being able to hunt every racial gal all day long.

550 turns feels just about perfect for this map IMO.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Kard wrote:
Sufex wrote:
Infinity wrote:

Cheers!

K.

If you want to own planets, but still hunt racial galaxies, then it costs turns.

It limits players from doing everything in a single op, or a single hunting session, or whatever else. I liked it better when SMR was still new, and the speeds were slower and turn cap was smaller. I remember the days when you had to run an op smoothly, in order to clear through an enemy minefield, and bust their lvl 9 port to destroy their route, and then you were out of turns. Or clear the minefield, and bust one planet, then you were out of turns. Or set up shop and hunt one racial galaxy for the day. I really enjoy people not being able to clear an entire minefield and take every planet in one op. Or being able to hunt every racial gal all day long.

You mean back when there were over 1000 players and you could fall down and run into 5 people. Doesn't work out so well when you have 277 people where 55 have exp under 1000 and where 100 are bots where stats don't count except for exp/cash gained. The numbers speak for themselves, only 1 alliance has busted any other team's rocks this game, kills are down substantially and most alliances are sitting in their gals doing nothing. This map is setup perfectly for hiding and doing what you want without much interaction.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

JettJackson wrote:
Kard wrote:
Sufex wrote: I agree.. With the amount of warps in this map, 550 is a bit ridiculous. If I want to go to a racial I have to spend 1hr40mins worth of turns just on warps. And on average its 20+ sectors + 3warps to a racial anyways.

You mean back when there were over 1000 players and you could fall down and run into 5 people. Doesn't work out so well when you have 277 people where 55 have exp under 1000 and where 100 are bots where stats don't count except for exp/cash gained. The numbers speak for themselves, only 1 alliance has busted any other team's rocks this game, kills are down substantially and most alliances are sitting in their gals doing nothing. This map is setup perfectly for hiding and doing what you want without much interaction.
Depends on what you call interaction. Busting 4 ports and 2 planets last night with 9 people. that is interaction. 9 people worked together and had fun. Some alliances are trying to establish the ability to go to war, before they actualy, you know, go to war. I think that you are under the impression this game is about killing. Its not. its about conquest. That means building territory and routes and minefields and planets. The killing is only there when someone wants someone elses territory. To be honest, if you want to call other teams out for hiding or not interacting or brag about trying to bust 1 rock and failing, well there are 2 alliances with territory you can go poop on if you are bored. You can get your team together and go clear minefields and bust rocks or destroy routes. Why does someone have to come attack you to be considered interaction. Be a little proactive. I hope you dont plan on bringing up that one rock you tried to bust, for the rest of the round. Go for more. The game doesnt end after one attempt.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Kard wrote:
Depends on what you call interaction. Busting 4 ports and 2 planets last night with 9 people. that is interaction. 9 people worked together and had fun. Some alliances are trying to establish the ability to go to war, before they actualy, you know, go to war. I think that you are under the impression this game is about killing. Its not. its about conquest. That means building territory and routes and minefields and planets. The killing is only there when someone wants someone elses territory. To be honest, if you want to call other teams out for hiding or not interacting or brag about trying to bust 1 rock and failing, well there are 2 alliances with territory you can go poop on if you are bored. You can get your team together and go clear minefields and bust rocks or destroy routes. Why does someone have to come attack you to be considered interaction. Be a little proactive. I hope you dont plan on bringing up that one rock you tried to bust, for the rest of the round. Go for more. The game doesnt end after one attempt.
We have already taken 3 of their rocks previously Kard, u might want to read the news more often. Furthermore your alliance busting things in your gal is a pleasant change, and I'm happy as hell for it. Trust me you aren't the problem.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

You mean those ones that we took back within an hour?

Great accomplishment there... or how about the 16 ppl you brought to bust a lvl 65? What happened there? oh right you got owned by 8 ppl :) 2-1 odds and you still lost... guess your still sore over that one.