New Dawn - Initial Impressions

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: New Dawn - Initial Impressions

Post by RCK »

I forget some ppl that play smr are all about getting things for free instead of having to work form them... My bad.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

RCK wrote:I forget some ppl that play smr are all about getting things for free instead of having to work form them... My bad.
Because building planets and busting ports is free? If anything the cost of busting a level 65 would be less than building it from 0
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

RCK wrote:I forget some ppl that play smr are all about getting things for free instead of having to work form them... My bad.
why is it that every time we have an issue with the game its whining? your game is not perfect like you think it is... and YOU are the one who asked for feedback..

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

JettJackson wrote:
Because building planets and busting ports is free? If anything the cost of busting a level 65 would be less than building it from 0
Because from a defence point of view a lvl 65 is of equal value of a lvl 0? You are looking at this from one POV.

You need to consider all elements together before complaining.

Some builders oppose pre-built planets cause they all have there methods. On the other hand, if you are a minor alliance, you stand a better chance of holding your planets if you start with lvl 60. Sure it will cost you more in initial costs, but in the long run the benefits out weigh the cost.

Alliances like your's JJ seem to prey on the new, less experienced alliances. In fact, most of the complains I have heard have been from vets.

In order for SMR to survive, we cannot continue to cater to the vets. Yes we need to take there expirence into consideration, but we need to value and to seek the opinions of the NEW players, see what they like, etc. The NPC's and mines are a new, and bound to cause issues with vets who are used to having next to no challenge and in your words have enjoyed "steam rolling" newbie alliances in the past 2 rounds.

Forgive me for trying to give the newbies a fighting chance to actually play and ENJOY the game. Silly me for thinking that we should encourage enjoyment when playing SMR.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Sufex wrote:
why is it that every time we have an issue with the game its whining? your game is not perfect like you think it is... and YOU are the one who asked for feedback..
Because its the same thing every time, 1 or 2 vets complain about one thing that is different. Its well known that SMR vets HATE change. Even when it is for the better.

I never claimed this round is perfect, there are some things I would have done differently. NPC mines is NOT one of those.

Yes i asked for feedback... but what I am seeing is people making the CHOICE to clear mines then complaining about it. If you dont want to clear them, then dont. There is 21 other galaxies that have no mines stick to those.
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

RCK wrote:
JettJackson wrote:
Because from a defence point of view a lvl 65 is of equal value of a lvl 0? You are looking at this from one POV.

You need to consider all elements together before complaining.

Some builders oppose pre-built planets cause they all have there methods. On the other hand, if you are a minor alliance, you stand a better chance of holding your planets if you start with lvl 60. Sure it will cost you more in initial costs, but in the long run the benefits out weigh the cost.

Alliances like your's JJ seem to prey on the new, less experienced alliances. In fact, most of the complains I have heard have been from vets.

In order for SMR to survive, we cannot continue to cater to the vets. Yes we need to take there expirence into consideration, but we need to value and to seek the opinions of the NEW players, see what they like, etc. The NPC's and mines are a new, and bound to cause issues with vets who are used to having next to no challenge and in your words have enjoyed "steam rolling" newbie alliances in the past 2 rounds.

Forgive me for trying to give the newbies a fighting chance to actually play and ENJOY the game. Silly me for thinking that we should encourage enjoyment when playing SMR.
/me did not know 5100 scans were newbie friendly.. my bad..

Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

RCK wrote:
Sufex wrote:
Because its the same thing every time, 1 or 2 vets complain about one thing that is different. Its well known that SMR vets HATE change. Even when it is for the better.

I never claimed this round is perfect, there are some things I would have done differently. NPC mines is NOT one of those.

Yes i asked for feedback... but what I am seeing is people making the CHOICE to clear mines then complaining about it. If you dont want to clear them, then dont. There is 21 other galaxies that have no mines stick to those.
How do you justify 50/50/5 stacks that don't expire? and every member of the alliance has forces in every sector.. really? when have you been in an alliance that this has happened?

RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Sufex wrote: /me did not know 5100 scans were newbie friendly.. my bad..
And yet it seems to be the vets that are dying to the mines..... maybe we are teaching the newbies something ;)
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Sufex wrote: How do you justify 50/50/5 stacks that don't expire? and every member of the alliance has forces in every sector.. really? when have you been in an alliance that this has happened?
Actually they do expire, however the NPCs are doing a very good job keeping them refreshed.

As for the second part, my answer would be an active one? I can still remember when there was 20 seeds in a sector. Sure it was back in the 'prime' of SMR, but it was still a possibility. The fact that it is no longer the 'norm'. With the changes to the mines in previous rounds, large mine fields were unheard of.

So this round, due to the RaF requested, the mines are back to most if not more of the 'kick' than they have had in the past rounds. So now there is twice the kick, A) forces hit harder B) mine fields are bigger.

From the game description:
For years the four major powers of this universe have been fighting amongst themselves for control for the universe. After years of watching this war from the sidelines, the Racial Federations have joined together and pushed these once powerful forces back to their home galaxies. Their ships destroyed and their once powerful hold on the universe reduced to small pockets of resistance. They have fortified their defences and there remaining ships slip through the shadows.
If anyone bothered to read....
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

RCK wrote:
Sufex wrote: /me did not know 5100 scans were newbie friendly.. my bad..
And yet it seems to be the vets that are dying to the mines..... maybe we are teaching the newbies something ;)

Only thing I can say to this is that no newbie wants to spend all their time and turns bouncing into stacks when they could be learning the other aspects of the game that are vital to running an alliance. That's why most of the force killing (and dieing) is done by the vets.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.