Why do we have a forum....

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Why do we have a forum....

Post by RCK »

no one uses it any more :P
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Why do we have a forum....

Post by JettJackson »

Request a Feature took over most of the day to day Web Board discussion, plus the latest stuff with advertising/graphic changes has stalled due to lack of discussion...
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

in game activity and forum activity are linked. If one isnt doing well neither is the other. The forums are moderated faaarrr to strictly, which stimeys community interaction which then stagnates in game play.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Kard wrote:in game activity and forum activity are linked. If one isnt doing well neither is the other. The forums are moderated faaarrr to strictly, which stimeys community interaction which then stagnates in game play.
While I do think this is part of it, I think the lack of promotion of the WB in game has caused it to go inactive, of course newer players don't like having to reregister for something after registering for the game. A connection of accounts from in game to the web board would be a start. Also promotion of the Web Board would help the issue.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

JettJackson wrote:
Kard wrote:in game activity and forum activity are linked. If one isnt doing well neither is the other. The forums are moderated faaarrr to strictly, which stimeys community interaction which then stagnates in game play.
While I do think this is part of it, I think the lack of promotion of the WB in game has caused it to go inactive, of course newer players don't like having to reregister for something after registering for the game. A connection of accounts from in game to the web board would be a start. Also promotion of the Web Board would help the issue.
Good idea. Linking your game account to the forums so its one less step to post on the forums would help get new players posting. Still though, unless the new player starts a thread, there is nothing to post about because there are no new topics, and if there is a new topic, the very second anyone says anything remotely aggressive, posts get deleted. How can you play a competetive game with out posting competetively. Im just sayin. We need to be able to trash talk, and do moderate flaming.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Its been discussed before... Just low on the priority list :)

Maybe once we go OS we can get some new coding blood in to look at it.
Electricdeath
Quiet One

Post by Electricdeath »

I just looked at the members page and noticed im the 11th person ever to sign up for this board....damn man do I get a cookie for this? :P
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Its a good achieve
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....