Dead Web Board?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Dead Web Board?

Post by Freon22 »

I don't know what happened to this web board. But just about anyone I see or does any posting here is Red. There are a few of us non-Admin that still post here. So did you Red guys run off everyone? :lol:

I am thinking a health web board could not do anything but help the game. Seeing there are so many of you Red guys and I have not heard anyone talking about how to get some of the player back here. I thought I would share what some of the other web board do to keep their members coming back. I tried to recreate the formatting they use, the blue areas are clickable links to web board topic. This is one of the web boards that I am a member of, some of the others just send out email if they have not seen you in 30 to 60 days.
Hi Freon22,

It's almost Christmas and while programming is our main focus, we love to hear about your holiday plans as well. What are you hoping for this year?

One thing you might be hoping for from Santa is a new laptop, and with so much to choose from it can be hard to pick the right one. Our ongoing discussion about suitable laptops for programming may help you narrow the choices!

As far as programming topics go, we're never short of those. You may be interested in our ongoing discussion about ways to prevent theft of HTML code, and Brandon W takes a look at where Javascript may be headed. That's not to mention all our great tutorials - too many to list here, but you can check them all out on the boards!

On a lighter note, what one feature would you add to a robotic creature, if the design was entirely up to you? Check out the other suggestions so far in our "Build a Thing" thread and add your own.

Finally, JayM has decided we need to stack all our members up in a line to see if we're collectively taller than the Statue of Liberty. Add yourself to the meter here, especially if you happen to be a 15ft tall basketball player.

See you on the boards!

The Codecall Team
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Re: Dead Web Board?

Post by Jester- »

No comment ;)
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Thats so not helpful Jester :P
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

comment
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

re-comment
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Well after this week we can all guess why it's even more dead than usual. Have fun posting, alone..?
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Jester- wrote:Well after this week we can all guess why it's even more dead than usual. Have fun posting, alone..?
I like arguing with myself, thank you very much.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

They send out a news letter once a month, sometimes its long, most times it is short. The blue text would be links that would take you to that web board thread.
Hi Freon22,

Let's say you have a server, and it's all your responsibility. Now let's say that you managed to crash it overnight. But how? Find out how several of our members managed it in our compilation of silliest programming mistakes - and share your own story!

We've been hard at work improving the boards recently, and some of our new features include a template for asking questions and a new 'Like' system. Tell us what you think about the changes, or what else you'd like us to improve, in our Forum Support board - we guarantee a staff reply.

Elsewhere, we have a list of free software being compiled by members, with links to some of the best free tools around for programmers. Add your own suggestions to the list if you don't see them there already!

Finally, if you consider yourself a hardware expert, why not test your skills against RavenStorm's Radeon 6850 graphics card? It's defeated all challengers so far...

See you on the boards!

The Codecall Team