Draft Round 2013 - Picks / Commentary

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Draft Round 2013 - Picks / Commentary

Post by JettJackson »

XDemonX wrote:
JettJackson wrote:
XDemonX wrote:
The problem with that is, it is hard to tell who will actually play or not. There are many players that have not played for many games that end up being the most active this game. There are also players that were extremely active the previous game and near inactive this game.

If we do a draft game again, I would like a list to be populated previously before the draft and have two admin be the ones putting the players into the alliances after the two leaders pick. There was too much confusing during the draft because they were unsure who was who. Also this can be Incorporated into either a google doc for everyone to see during the draft or a live stream if someone can support that from their computer to adjust the grand list as it go. This will make the draft process more exciting and also player's previous draft rank can be next to their name to show if they got drafted higher this game or lower.

Overall the draft has been a success it has brought out pretty solid activity into the game. Last game, JJ couldn't get together 10 people to op all game. Now both alliance have had several ops with 12+ people opping.
The bold part, azn could and did ask who most people are if he was unsure and seldum has played long enough to know who everyone is. If azn was unsure on who someone is and didn't ask isn't that his fault?
People constantly would say something like "Who is hugh this game?" or even seldum admitted that he "forgot" about Bouncer when he picked Crusher over Bouncer. A list would be organized which would cost less confusion. Sort of like how fantasy football/baseball does it. Power Rankings can be determined from previous draft, or even if you wanted you could have each previous leader assign a rank to each of their members based on how valuable they thought they were to the alliance.

Using this as just a example, last draft Holy went #40th in the draft (Which would be #20 in our alliance). I believe he performed MUCH better than being ranked as a 20. But as your side you guys don't really see that. Having a leader assign honest rankings to each of their members would produce some incentive to be a team player and do what your leader says or maybe your leader will give you a poor appraisal.

So of course with this, there would be two of each rankings (two #1, two #2's ect). Could also signify this as #1a #1b with a = team that won the draft game and b = team that lost. Not that our game is so big that people forget who played for who but still a fun idea to give more depth and detail into the draft itself. Also could give some options to the draft leader(s) to maybe they will take a #8a rank over a #5b rank because the team won for a reason so maybe those players mesh well together.
I understand where you are coming from but there is an actual ranking on the draft screen when drafting, the player's user score is on there, along with HoF name and player name. Realistically people shouldn't try to hide in a draft game, it is ingenuousness toward the draft leaders.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Draft Round 2013 - Picks / Commentary

Post by Shady_FA- »

The problem with Power Rankings in sports and in here is that it's way too judgmental. There are people in both alliances that feel that Holy isn't even #40 but worse. I do agree though that people should have to be known before.

I'm not gonna lie, when I came back JJ and seldum told me immediately that there was a draft game incoming. I told him I wanted to play on their team and not the other one. So I made a random name and didnt want azn to find me. It's kinda sleazy, but it worked.