Regarding Draft Game: DDoS

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Astax
SMR Coder

Re: Regarding Draft Game: DDoS

Post by Astax »

I don't want to be an echo chamber. Most of my concerns are noted already. I will only add that JJ did a very good job as a leader of our alliance. He was very patient with me, and it was a pleasure.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

XDemonX wrote:
JettJackson wrote:
silverx2 wrote: And to be fair, jj could have picked different players, but who is to say that they would have even played if he picked them. I think JJ gets a bad rap sometimes, and people who dont like him for whatever reason dont put out the same effort level they would if they were on "the other team" I think it goes against the spirit of a draft round, and i think that maybe if people were a little more open minded the game could actually grow, instead of always having 1 alliance which is the boys club full of BFF's who never choose not to play with each other, and then the alliance of left overs.
This is the crux of the issue, I had to make a deal to even get someone I wanted off that alliance because if not I wouldn't have got him. CK joined until after the draft, Hugh joined mid draft. Both went out of their way to say they wouldn't play for me. It is things like this that ruin the integrity of draft rounds. With how small this game is you can't have a team of bffs never breaking up it will end up causing people to say the hell with it because they can never gain ground. I mean several games ago I was told by people I had to bust my alliance up for the best of the game, maybe that needs to happen again now. I thought draft rounds would have allowed that to happen but seldum didn't draft to break things up and I could not because of people openly being obstructionists to the draft.
JJ, no one FORCED you to make a deal. You did not need to make a deal. You knew I wanted Bouncer just as badly as you did. You could of risked it and flipped the coin to see if you got first pick or not like i originally told you to do when you first came to me wanting to make a deal. I didn't offer up Bouncer nor did I have a lock on him. He was willing to play with you as much as he was willing to play with me. It would of just came down to whoever got first pick.

Do NOT take the Hugh and CK thing out of context. Outside of them not wanting to play with you, they were talking about not going to play at all. Hugh was freaking ;) it was another draft round and CK had some real life stuff going on like he told you MULTIPLE times that MULTIPLE people can verify. Again, after this came out that they might of not played and did not want to play with you I made this deal with you to give you first pick (Bouncer) to help you out. If I really wanted to be dirty I could of flipped the coin, took Bouncer and sat there knowing it didn't matter if you took CK or Hugh because they might not play at all and didn't want to play with you. Hugh was in TS during draft watching. The agreement was I got CK and Hugh if they decided to play. I thought Hugh at least joining the draft mid draft was better than him joining a day into the game and me grabbing him instead of a random newbie that never logs in again.

Once CK joined, to accommodate you more, (After you took Crusher that joined late which was a top 5 draft pick last round) I told you if someone joined that you wanted badly, tell me and he's yours. To refresh your memory more we joked and said "Yes, even if orca joins you can have him". Granted all this happend when CK and Hugh were not for sure going to play this round. Yes I got lucky and both of them decided to play. I cannot speak for Hugh or CK, but I believe mine and a few other's activity on TeamSpeak helped to get them to play and stay active. SMR isn't the only game we play, Hugh and Xotren play minecraft MORE than they do SMR. We have a channel on our TeamSpeak server just for minecraft which at the moment I am typing this message we have 8 people in the minecraft channel (Yes all of them are SMR players too).

I'm sorry, SMR is a fun game but what makes the game fun are the people. If there were another draft round and you led, I would be one of those people that would not play that round if I had to be on your team. I would have ZERO fun playing with you. I don't like talking to you. I don't like how you talk and belittle other players especially since you have a "Admin" tag next to your name. Again, I play SMR because of the people. If it wasn't for TeamSpeak and a few people I enjoy talking to on a daily basis then I wouldn't play SMR at all.

Also, remember I came to you well before the draft to give you the heads up that a lot of people were ;) you were leading and were refusing to play with you (this was before the vote for leaders finished). You could have set your ego aside and decided not to lead that draft round. Someone else would have stepped up and led or a draft game wouldn't have happened. Yes JJ, other people are capable of leading a alliance instead of you but people did not want to step up because they just assumed the round was JJ vs. XDemonX and didn't feel the need to step up. But instead, you complained to me like it was my fault that people didn't like you and constantly argued with me to throw people under the bus and tell you exactly the people that didn't want to play with you (yeah few days later you figured out who they were).

JJ, the reason I am being so detailed with everything that has happened is because you are saying stuff out of context and are making up more excuses. Don't worry, next game like I said you will get your wish. Alliances will be broken up. CK, Hugh and myself will all not be in any major alliance and will play from fed "casually". Which like I said in my first post means won't be very active at all for me. So traders can go back to trading all game and not ever have anyone attack them.
If I didn't make that deal then you get Bouncer and all the others, irregardless. So you keep assuming that things would have been completely different without the deal. Hugh decided so quickly that he joined mid draft and CK was playing either way unless something outside the game stopped him which it didn't. As for your commentary about if I ever picked you, you wouldn't play, this is exactly the problem with draft rounds now, that never happened before. People refuse to split up and choose to screw up a draft round instead of playing fairly, if you don't want to be drafted by someone how does that look in the eyes of everyone else who are fair and open to play for anyone else. Are you above these people who have no problems with playing with others? What makes you better than them?

As for leading again in SMR, it isn't happening, not anytime soon.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

JettJackson wrote:If I didn't make that deal then you get Bouncer and all the others, irregardless. So you keep assuming that things would have been completely different without the deal. Hugh decided so quickly that he joined mid draft and CK was playing either way unless something outside the game stopped him which it didn't. As for your commentary about if I ever picked you, you wouldn't play, this is exactly the problem with draft rounds now, that never happened before. People refuse to split up and choose to screw up a draft round instead of playing fairly, if you don't want to be drafted by someone how does that look in the eyes of everyone else who are fair and open to play for anyone else. Are you above these people who have no problems with playing with others? What makes you better than them?

As for leading again in SMR, it isn't happening, not anytime soon.
You missed the whole point of my last post. You had the same chance to get Bouncer as I did and "all the others". Not everyone wanted a draft round and there are a lot of people barely hanging on to play SMR. Not everyone lives for SMR. You are a admin, you had a say if it was going to be a draft round or not. You are complaining to me like I had control over everything. I had nothing to do with people not wanting to play with you. Let's go down the list of people who didn't want to play with you and you can decide if they really effected the game.

# is for # they were drafted.

#After draft CK - Possibly, he was my #2 and had him attached to my hip all game. (You pretty much got Crusher for him)
#39 Hugh - Love you Hugh, but all Hugh did this game was planet build which you guys had no problem doing.
#17 Xotren - You dislike him and wouldn't pick him even if he liked you. I don't think it was even public knowledge he didn't want to play with you.
#27 the570z - You dislike him aswell and wouldn't pick him (i actually think he would of played with you if did pick him)
#49 Ghengis - You don't like him. Only way he would be active is if he played with me because I am close to him. Probably nothing to do with you. (He was pretty inactive for going Thev)
#23 Sterling - You don't like him. Only way he would be active is if he played with me because I am close to him. Probably nothing to do with you.
#44 seldum - Had a long talk about this one. Me, you and Shady all agreed on something that would work to accommodate seldum in playing. You and Shady agreed on it.
(Source: http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11739)

So 7 players. It wasn't like i got any of these players for free. Seldum, kind of did but would he have been a game changer for you? (Which you valued him as a #44 pick). It wasn't like I had 7 more players than you. I actually have a lot more newbies in my alliance than you do. You had TWO ops that were bigger than any op I had this game. So outside of CK, who would you have LOVED to have had on your alliance in that group that you think swayed the game for me? And do not say it was the combination of the 7, because again, you got 7 people as well and if you do say that I could probably pick 7 people that you got around the # those people were draft and it would be fairly equal. We had kiNky on our team saying she would even switch over to your team to try to help dig your team out of the hole but it was already too late and you guys conceded.

To address that last statement you made about "Are you above these people who have no problems with playing with others?". No, good for those people. Again like I already stated several times. I play this game because of the people not the actual game. You annoy me to a point JJ where I wouldn't be able to login on a daily basis to interact with you and play this game competitively. I am not going to torture myself to play a game I don't have to play. SMR is not my job, it is not my life, it is a optional game to play. Like other games, if I don't have fun playing them, then I won't play. Simple as that. (Don't go off saying "See this is why the draft was ruined, people like you". No read this post again and answer if those people would have swayed the game for you in the way you are saying they did because them not wanting to play with you "ruined" the game)
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Ok, this topic has degenerated into a he said they said. If you feel the need to continue do so via private emails or a new topic with actual discussion on both sides in polite tones.

Topic locked.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General