Admin Table 9/15/2013

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Admin Table 9/15/2013

Post by Shady_FA- »

Astax wrote:Someone help, I cannot fathom what would make a person best 1v1er in this game outside of loaded dice. But I love idea of tourneys.
I try to look at it like poker...you won't be able to find out whos the best after one tourney because theres variance and luck. But over time, the same people will be the ones doing well, even if it's not 100% of the time. In the long run we'll be able to find out who is the best, not through one tourney. That is...if this idea picks up.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Shady_FA- wrote:
Astax wrote:Someone help, I cannot fathom what would make a person best 1v1er in this game outside of loaded dice. But I love idea of tourneys.
I try to look at it like poker...you won't be able to find out whos the best after one tourney because theres variance and luck. But over time, the same people will be the ones doing well, even if it's not 100% of the time. In the long run we'll be able to find out who is the best, not through one tourney. That is...if this idea picks up.
I agree with shady in this one, partly.

Also, people have the wrong idea of 1v1. Most people think "Oh lets 1v1" and what they do is sit there and fire until someone dies. If that is how it is set up then yes it will be nothing but a luckfest. With people being able to shoot 1-2 times a second it is impossible to time the last trigger and that alone is the only advantage in a straight up 1v1 fight. I think people are dumb who like to just meet in sector 1 and both parties just close their eyes and hold down the trigger. There is single skill involved it lasts maybe 5 seconds and it is a coin flip most of the time.

What makes 1v1 fun and actually take some strategy/skill is 1v1 on/by a uno. This is where you can use different tactics on your enemy in a 1v1 and of course there will always be a certain level of luck involved a 1v1 on/by a uno will take a lot of the luck out of the equation.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Shady_FA- »

yea in addition to xdx's comments, turn management and money I think will also add to skill in 1v1s...say you only have 100 turns and 3-4 mill. Are you going to spam trigger as much as possible, or are you going to wait till you have the advantage? Are you just gonna sit at the uno and sit there till you die? Or will you try and bait them away from the uno and get them coming back? If you just meet somewhere and mash F till your heart desires then yes, no skill whatsoever. But knowing whereWhen to getaway/attack with limited turns and limited money will definitely add some management/skill as opposed to FFFFFFFFFFFF