Colors Part DOS

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Astax
SMR Coder

Colors Part DOS

Post by Astax »

Hi Guys,

In this thread I would like feedback on alignment colors as well as friendly/enemy colors.

Several players have asked that new colors be considered for alignment. There are two reasons for this:
1) Vanity... Players with very strong alignment wish to appear very... ummmm... good? Evil players want to be more evil.... That is fine
2) Colorblind players have problems distinguishing between Green and Red (Also problematic in FRIEND/FOE recognition)

So Please provide some feedback as to what colors you would like to see, follow below format

for targeting:
FRIEND NEUTRAL ENEMY

for alignment:
HOLY(300+) GOOD(300-150) NEUTRAL(149--149) BAD(-150--300) EVIL (-300+)
Astax
SMR Coder

Re: Colors Part DOS

Post by Astax »

Ok since im not getting any feedback I'm gonna leave the friend vs foe same but add a second option for colorblind mode:
friendlyForces2.png
enemyTrader2.png
enemyForces2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

friendlyTrader2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

If you cannot log in to see above go here http://www.witoldcyrek.com/img/test.html
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

I like the idea of having more than red/green, I do agree it matters with color blindness too so having the ability to adjust that to something else for forces/alignment is a good option.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

A couple thoughts - I like the red enemy on green background, but I get the color scheme should be changed for color blind people. I wouldn't mind enemy and enemy forces being black in color, with friendlies being blue to differentiate, I would just prefer more of a color pop.
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

If you are fine with how enemy/friend is, that's how it will stay.

This will be a separate option you set in preferences and it is saved with your account.

The alignment options will change thou, not sure to what yet. But it will be easy to tell really high and low alignment players