WQ and Thevian

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

WQ and Thevian

Post by JettJackson »

We are 2 games in on this change, and at this junction I think this change has hurt the game not helped it. The change has limited a players ability to op with a team thus limiting the number of ops teams can have and in turn this limits interaction in game. I understand the premise of making a hunting race or giving the TAC forces but to me a change that is highly limiting without much of a benefit is change that isn't good for the game. Honestly this could be corrected by changing the DC back to /15 and FU back to /17 and making them back to their original prices. They are weak enough now that no one in their right mind would be in one for an op yet this would allow WQ and Thevs to be able to go back to opping on ports/planets and we wouldn't cripple 1/4 of the races ability to op. Another change would be a neutral warbird, something along the lines of an ATM, where it is around /15 but needs drones as well and has a DS maybe 3-4 hp depending on the drone number. This could also fix the issue. I know I am not alone in these thoughts, considering both teams are struggling to get people to make ops it doesn't make sense to make it even harder to have people op.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: WQ and Thevian

Post by JettJackson »

Only other change I would make that could leave the races as is would be to lower the drone count on ports by about 200-300.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

I agree with JJ. This should be remedied. I have ideas like if we care to discuss them at length. But as is being king of 1v1 as a ship does didly squat in oping game. Bringing FU and DC back up to the role that is played by Thev/WQ now would be nice. At the same time adding a nice 3rd ship for for neutral only that is the motherlode of oping ships would also be nice :)
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

I would agree the FU and DC need buffs at this point, although the FU will then probably be the best hunting ship again, which would likely go contrary to Page's initial intended goal. The DC clearly needs a buff, tho.

I am perfectly open to a neutral WB that sucks in all aspects except as a meat shield for ops.

The removal of port turret clustering has balanced ports to a degree, but I wouldn't mind an additional 100 drone reduction, although money from ports should also be reduced as well (both of which I think were in the works).
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

Yes I agree with JJ
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

The FU and DC should be back to their original design
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

Yeah, I think I'd like to see the FU and DC go back to their original strength/price.

I'm also in favor of a neutral raiding ship, something like this (open to adjustment):
900 shields
900 armor
50 drones
25 mines
4 weaps
Price: 17 mil

Dropping port drones 100-200 would be useful too.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

While I really like the changes to trade ships that have been implemented the combat ships have gone completely wrong. I would like to see them rolled back to previous stats until more tweaking and balancing can be done.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

seldum wrote:While I really like the changes to trade ships that have been implemented the combat ships have gone completely wrong. I would like to see them rolled back to previous stats until more tweaking and balancing can be done.
Port strength would need to be rolled back as well if the warbirds were rolled back as ports would be deadly to pretty much all but 3 warbirds then.

Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

We need to beta test planets for next round also then :/