New Icons WTF

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: New Icons WTF

Post by Freon22 »

jouldax wrote: live is basically beta, but that's because most of the players can't be bothered to do testing or we'd have too small a sample size with the numbers we could get.
I think everyone can agree that somethings have to be tested. Even if only a few can test, sometimes it has to be done. I can always do some testing I would just have to know what needs testing.
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

Hi, I'm Kaz the Admin and Developer over at Monarchy.

I pop in every now and again to see how you guys are fairing but don't really post (as my post count can attest). I know what you guys are going through when it comes to an aesthetic refresh of a budget-less 20th century web-game, having been in the process of trying to put together enough artwork to finally re-skin Monarchy for the last couple of years. I'm now a couple of months away from having artwork done for the 50 different troop types, which has been an epic struggle.

Monarchy Gallery (if you're interested)

Anyway, I recently invested in some Profantasy software called Campaign Cartographer (CC3). From my point of view it'll be useful to create a better world map and some city maps for the roleplay side of things.

However, it could be useful for you guys too. CC3 also has an add-on called Cosmographer 3 (COS3) though. I think you could do wonders with the in-game map by using this application, and you could also make up a selection of deck-plans for each of your star ships. What's more every bit of artwork that comes with the application can be used in a commercial product.

This is an example of a city map I made by playing around with CC3 and City Designer 3 (CD3). I'll post a link to the version on the Profantasy forum because it's far to big to embed in this post. Yes I know it's a fantasy style map, but it ought to give you the idea of what a beginner with the software can achieve on their first map (with a bit of effort)

My CD3 Map

Anyway, hope I'm not treading on any toes, but I thought I'd make the suggestion. You'd need to get both of these bits of software for making cosmography maps. I included an affiliate link, hope you don't mind but any additional budget I can throw Monarchy's way is always good. If you do mind the affiliate link, you could always google Profantasy.

Campaign Cartographer 3 (Base App) - £29.95
Cosmographer 3 (CC3 Add-On) - £27.95
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

Thnx Kaz that program does look nice. I might actually get it.