Admin Table - September 12

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Admin Table - September 12

Post by XDemonX »

Incognito wrote:Just remembered, it was a RaF. You can still find it under the Implemented Features ingame. The vote was 2 favorites, 17 for, 8 against. So this wasn't a closed-room decision.
My concern is, there was no discussion. A vote should only happen if the decision is too hard to decide through discussion. Especially with that small of a sample size for a change to happen that impacts the game.. 25 total votes is pretty pathetic.

Wasn't there a player comittee formed at one point? That would be a better option is to find 10-15 active, experienced players. When a decision about a change is being challenged/made a time should be made where these players, with admins (majorirty of them like an op time) can meet in IRC and have a healthy decussion about the topic then possibly a vote from the committee members and admins. Committee members/admins not present can place their vote in forums from the logs that are posted from irc chat.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

XDemonX wrote:
Incognito wrote:Just remembered, it was a RaF. You can still find it under the Implemented Features ingame. The vote was 2 favorites, 17 for, 8 against. So this wasn't a closed-room decision.
My concern is, there was no discussion. A vote should only happen if the decision is too hard to decide through discussion. Especially with that small of a sample size for a change to happen that impacts the game.. 25 total votes is pretty pathetic.

Wasn't there a player comittee formed at one point? That would be a better option is to find 10-15 active, experienced players. When a decision about a change is being challenged/made a time should be made where these players, with admins (majorirty of them like an op time) can meet in IRC and have a healthy decussion about the topic then possibly a vote from the committee members and admins. Committee members/admins not present can place their vote in forums from the logs that are posted from irc chat.
I agree that changes deserve discussion. I have no idea what kinds of discussion went on at that time for cloak, but I am sure some discussions DID happen in IRC when that RaF was first suggested.

And while I enjoy discussing the validity of cloak changes, don't forget about the purpose of this thread. We need to look at all the planned changes for the classic revert and not get caught up on one or two topics.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

That is true, you guys should move along with the list of changes before I get knee deep in BETA. Otherwise you risk me just making arbitrary changes of stuff you can't agree on.

Hmmmmm I think I will make cloak drop on movement.....

Or make mines do 10x damage to cloaked vessels.... :lol:
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

This weekend I am going to put together a mega thread of all the changes I want to see in the game in detail.

Prepare your buttholes.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

I updated the ship list and put it in an excel file which I put on this page. I decided to split the difference on the ITAC and MS prices between current prices and former prices to compensate the drone costs rising to 5000 per drone but less than the 10000 per drone in the previous instance of the game. I also left the neutral traders as is. I did weaken the defense of the Alskant traders while weakening the trade potential of the ATM but also increasing the speed by 2tph. This change was to allow for the ATM to take more of a utility role for the alliance while still being capable of opping albeit with one of the weaker op ships around. I did also give the Favored Offspring a scanner because it is pointless for it to not have one while almost every other ship in the game does.

Feel free to suggest changes but I followed the ship list from January 2008 with only a few adjustments with the Alskant race, the link is as follows: http://web.archive.org/web/200801201516 ... p_list.php

The Excel file is at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mth2kzth4gpdz ... t.xls?dl=0

I also did it in open office in case you don't have excel, that file is at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q46qkc0ukieq2 ... 2.ods?dl=0

****Note these changes are not finalized but an idealistic view of what I had previously mentioned at the Admin table and in here****
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

Excellent work JJ.
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Incognito wrote:
XDemonX wrote:

I agree that changes deserve discussion. I have no idea what kinds of discussion went on at that time for cloak, but I am sure some discussions DID happen in IRC when that RaF was first suggested.

And while I enjoy discussing the validity of cloak changes, don't forget about the purpose of this thread. We need to look at all the planned changes for the classic revert and not get caught up on one or two topics.
Actually the cloak change occurred right in the middle of the time that Page as coder was making arbitrary changes to the game. Not saying this IS one of those but hell, 2 years ago and my memory is fuzzy on whether or not the change was even discussed by admins.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Good work JJ putting this list together.

Everything looks good except for the Trade-Master. I understand you want them to have a utility ship, but this is what neutral ships are for. Now that DC/FU are back to their fighting form I don't see anyone using TM for opping unless it's a noob. At least if I were leading, I would not want any of my players in a TM. Get a BC if you want mines (has a lot more firepower).

For trading, NO ONE will trade in a TM and the name of it is... TRADE-master. For less money and 1 less tph you are getting a ship with double the holds and jump drive (deep spacer) with some forces. Then for trading of course, trip maker is best. I do like the defensive nerfs to the other skant ships.

Maybe to fix it, do 200ish holds on the TM? Or if you increase the holds to 225-250 range then you should increase the cost of it as well. Just some ideas.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

XDemonX wrote:Good work JJ putting this list together.

Everything looks good except for the Trade-Master. I understand you want them to have a utility ship, but this is what neutral ships are for. Now that DC/FU are back to their fighting form I don't see anyone using TM for opping unless it's a noob. At least if I were leading, I would not want any of my players in a TM. Get a BC if you want mines (has a lot more firepower).

For trading, NO ONE will trade in a TM and the name of it is... TRADE-master. For less money and 1 less tph you are getting a ship with double the holds and jump drive (deep spacer) with some forces. Then for trading of course, trip maker is best. I do like the defensive nerfs to the other skant ships.

Maybe to fix it, do 200ish holds on the TM? Or if you increase the holds to 225-250 range then you should increase the cost of it as well. Just some ideas.

I could up the holds to 200 but anything beyond that is too much and I would up the price by 1/3rd then too

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

I updated the ship list to include the reduction of the thief to 10.8 million per request and discussion by the admins for balancing purposes plus I upped the price of the Alskant Trademaster to 12.8 million while adding 50 more holds to make it 200 holds.

Excel file link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mth2kzth4gpdz ... t.xls?dl=0

Open Office link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/17oww2y6am3dz ... t.ods?dl=0