Admin Table December

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Aendar
Quiet One

Re: Admin Table December

Post by Aendar »

no updates on the SMR FB page since 20th of december. Thats it. (I guess)
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

JettJackson wrote:
XDemonX wrote:So disorganized. No one knows what is going on.
You could explain what you are talking about with respect to this facebook thing vs throwing out an insult. You know I am on facebook a lot and can help with whatever is going on there but I need to know what you guys are even talking about first...
There is a FB page that SMR has.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Space-Me ... 9552570252

Holti originally managed this and did a fantastic job. I helped her when I could by supplying screen shots and such. It has over 100 likes and has A LOT of potential. I know you know about this because i've seen you post comments on some of the posts. Very easy to expand this but offering credit giveaways for sharing/liking posts.

Please respond to my other points. This facebook page was just a small snippet of the discussion.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

XDemonX wrote:
JettJackson wrote:
You could explain what you are talking about with respect to this facebook thing vs throwing out an insult. You know I am on facebook a lot and can help with whatever is going on there but I need to know what you guys are even talking about first...
There is a FB page that SMR has.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Space-Me ... 9552570252

Holti originally managed this and did a fantastic job. I helped her when I could by supplying screen shots and such. It has over 100 likes and has A LOT of potential. I know you know about this because i've seen you post comments on some of the posts. Very easy to expand this but offering credit giveaways for sharing/liking posts.

Please respond to my other points. This facebook page was just a small snippet of the discussion.
Your other points have been addressed several times over, we would like to add things to the game but without a coder it is impossible to add things to the game to increase revenue. As for how often do we talk with each other with issues of the game, we talk all the time, daily on here or in chat or on skype. I think you are assuming radio silence from the admin team when the exact opposite occurs. However if there is no current issues going on, then we probably don't talk as much but it isn't necessary if there is nothing to administrate or delegate over.

As for monitoring the accounts, it won't be a headache because those who are going to have a second account are going to know the rules attached to the account. The monitoring admin tools are easy and finite when it comes to signalling whether or not 2 accounts are on at the same time. Again having a hard coded way of doing this without monitoring would be nice, but it is impossible currently.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I had Greydeath add Jouldax and Bouncer as the Space Merchant Realms administrators and JJ as content editor. That should help re-activate that page.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

JettJackson wrote:
JettJackson wrote:

Your other points have been addressed several times over, we would like to add things to the game but without a coder it is impossible to add things to the game to increase revenue. As for how often do we talk with each other with issues of the game, we talk all the time, daily on here or in chat or on skype. I think you are assuming radio silence from the admin team when the exact opposite occurs. However if there is no current issues going on, then we probably don't talk as much but it isn't necessary if there is nothing to administrate or delegate over.

As for monitoring the accounts, it won't be a headache because those who are going to have a second account are going to know the rules attached to the account. The monitoring admin tools are easy and finite when it comes to signalling whether or not 2 accounts are on at the same time. Again having a hard coded way of doing this without monitoring would be nice, but it is impossible currently.

Clearly you did not read my post. Find out how much it costs to code a change we need (Example is the way to use more credits). And come ask the playerbase "Hey guys we need this much money for this coding change".. A lot more people will donate if they know what the money is going towards... Getting real frustrating trying to communicate with you when the generic answer always is "Welp.. we don't have a coder so the game is doomed and we can't do anytttttttttthing about it".... freaking try something
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

XDemonX wrote:
Clearly you did not read my post. Find out how much it costs to code a change we need (Example is the way to use more credits). And come ask the playerbase "Hey guys we need this much money for this coding change".. A lot more people will donate if they know what the money is going towards... Getting real frustrating trying to communicate with you when the generic answer always is "Welp.. we don't have a coder so the game is doomed and we can't do anytttttttttthing about it".... freaking try something
You don't think we have done that? It would cost $100s to potentially $1000s to code stuff per coding hour costs. Trust me, I'd love to have it done, but a donation drive isn't going to yield $1000s for the game. We are lucky to have Astax to do minor fixes right now while working on his capstone project.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

Demon, we would be happy to hear your ideas for the multi idea. That's why we hold admin tables. The ideal mutli fix in my opinion would be linking them through the same account login with some restrictions for the multi. All those things you have said could be used with this method. However, this is not easy to code and we do not see this happening in the near (or even distant) future. Therefore, we are doing the best we can with what we have.

Within the admin team, there is no "cadence" for our day-to-day activities. We act as situations arise, or if we notice something that isn't working or could be improved.
We do have a list of things we want coded into the game, all of which have been discussed under the admin Webboard as well as the Request a Feature section. If a coder suddenly appeared and wanted a list of things to code, we would be happy to supply one. Hiring an outside coder is something we can look into. If someone has experience with this, we'd like to hear their opinion.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

JettJackson wrote:
XDemonX wrote:
You don't think we have done that? It would cost $100s to potentially $1000s to code stuff per coding hour costs. Trust me, I'd love to have it done, but a donation drive isn't going to yield $1000s for the game. We are lucky to have Astax to do minor fixes right now while working on his capstone project.
I highly doubt something as basic as things to spend credits on in PHP which is a very basic language costs 1000s of dollars. I have not seen a single admin message saying "Hey guys we want to hire a coder but we need this much money. Please donate" I have been playing a lot longer than you.

Tell you what JJ, get with your team come up with exactly what you want and i'll go pay someone to do the code or i'll do the coding myself. Have it by this weekend if you can. It shouldn't be too complexed with what you want for more ways to spend credits.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

XDemonX wrote:
JettJackson wrote:
XDemonX wrote:
I highly doubt something as basic as things to spend credits on in PHP which is a very basic language costs 1000s of dollars. I have not seen a single admin message saying "Hey guys we want to hire a coder but we need this much money. Please donate" I have been playing a lot longer than you.

Tell you what JJ, get with your team come up with exactly what you want and i'll go pay someone to do the code or i'll do the coding myself. Have it by this weekend if you can. It shouldn't be too complexed with what you want for more ways to spend credits.
You want to code? Here is the github link, its been around for a few years and mentioned several times in newsletters. It is open source too, so if you want something coded you can have it coded. https://github.com/smrealms/smr

Have fun.

XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Thanks JJ for all the support </sarcasm>. This is why I have you on block you are absolutely worthless to talk to.