Raiding Rewards

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Raiding Rewards

Post by XDemonX »

JettJackson wrote:Excuse me but topics involving changes in game aren't specifically exclusive to you. I think you need to be careful with your wording here because there is no reason why I or anyone else can post in a thread discussing changes in game.
ANYONE can except you. There is no reason you should be able to. You have even told people you want me banned and you want me to quit which should be enough reason that you shouldn't have to post on my topics. If a change happens, you can discuss it with admins in your admin chat. I am going to bring this up to the rest of the admin team and Spock if needed so they can personally tell you to NOT post on my topics.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Aendar
Quiet One

Post by Aendar »

So how many EXP loss do you propose?

I do find it so you loose to much EXP to forces/ports/planets. (allthough i have been lucky not dying to ports/planets so far). But I do agree it shouldn't be lowered A LOT. and the loss of dying to shooting should still be less then dying to a planet imho. (and more EXP from kills if you happen to trigger someone)
adam_phg
Quiet One

Post by adam_phg »

seems that Player to Player exp risk/reward can be there, but perhaps with planets it can be stock... for example, if i am adam w/ my 500k DC i know that there is a risk to fighting a 50k EOS... but if i do it ill get a little xp and if i lose ill lost a bunch because of his level... whereas w/ a planet having max drones the chance of it hitting ME are just as good as it hitting someone else with a killing blow, so why should I lose more than that person when really my calculated risk is the same... or have the % chance of the drones targeting you be based on level? Maybe make the planet xp loss independent of player xp, and dependent on planet level.. ie, everyone loses planet level x 15

#thatturnedouttobearamble
For the glory of Ayock!
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

I like player vs player exp gain/loss where it is

Simple solution for planets is using the existing code.
Currently planets/ports and forces are level 0.
Ports "level" in the combat code equation should be 1-9. this will reduce loss of experience.
as for Planets, My suggestion is their "level", should be (Planet level / 2) i.e. level 70 planet would be a lv35 in code, or level 40 planet a lv 20.

No increase to player vs player exp loss.

So as far as Experience points are concerned, you will loose the most experience to force deaths. 2nd most to port deaths. followed by planet and player deaths.
Promoting the willingness of players to engage in fights and planet busts is in the best interest of the game, as that's what this game is about.
Last edited by LotuS on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
adam_phg
Quiet One

Post by adam_phg »

that makes sense too.. just have to figure out what a planet level = player level... ie is a level 9 port = level 50 player? prob nt but that could be massaged

same sort of thing w/ forces/planet
For the glory of Ayock!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

LotuS wrote:I like player vs player exp gain/loss where it is

Simple solution for planets is using the existing code.
Currently planets/ports and forces are level 0.
Ports "level" in the combat code equation should be 1-9. this will reduce loss of experience.
as for Planets, My suggestion is their "level", should be (Planet level / 2) i.e. level 70 planet would be a lv35 in code, or level 40 planet a lv 20.

No increase to player vs player exp loss.

So as far as Experience points are concerned, you will loose the most experience to force deaths. 2nd most to port deaths. followed by planet and player deaths.
Promoting the willingness of players to engage in fights and planet busts is in the best interest of the game, as that's what this game is about.
I like this idea, it makes the experience loss more static and still allows for a significant loss if you are high experience player. As for the second part I believe it is in that order currently, I am not 100% sure though.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

Experience lost to planets is way too much as it stands, it doesn't make sense to me. I can understand force deaths taking a lot of experience as the player has to really mess up to die to mines, ports are somewhere in the middle, but planets are ruthless killers and all it takes is for you to be sitting there. Very few ships are safe when raiding, Xotren died twice in a dev albeit he was low exp so the turrets were definitely going to hit if they target him. While the turrets might miss when firing on the high exp guy, drones don't care. If we could make experience factor into who gets picked for the drone shot I think it could help this situation. Obviously a high exp player could still take drones but their likelihood should be a bit lower.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

seldum wrote:Experience lost to planets is way too much as it stands, it doesn't make sense to me. I can understand force deaths taking a lot of experience as the player has to really mess up to die to mines, ports are somewhere in the middle, but planets are ruthless killers and all it takes is for you to be sitting there. Very few ships are safe when raiding, Xotren died twice in a dev albeit he was low exp so the turrets were definitely going to hit if they target him. While the turrets might miss when firing on the high exp guy, drones don't care. If we could make experience factor into who gets picked for the drone shot I think it could help this situation. Obviously a high exp player could still take drones but their likelihood should be a bit lower.
I think it is much better to keep the chance of being hit by drones even and then base the experience loss similar to Loty's idea. The problem with lowering the chances of being hit by drones at high exp is that it is a buff to high experience players and a weakness to lower experience players, there is already enough benefits to high experience players that they don't necessarily need an additional boost . For the game we shouldn't have it such that high experience gets all the advantage without some sort of luck or risk involved.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Aendar
Quiet One

Post by Aendar »

seldum wrote:Experience lost to planets is way too much as it stands, it doesn't make sense to me. I can understand force deaths taking a lot of experience as the player has to really mess up to die to mines, ports are somewhere in the middle, but planets are ruthless killers and all it takes is for you to be sitting there. Very few ships are safe when raiding, Xotren died twice in a dev albeit he was low exp so the turrets were definitely going to hit if they target him. While the turrets might miss when firing on the high exp guy, drones don't care. If we could make experience factor into who gets picked for the drone shot I think it could help this situation. Obviously a high exp player could still take drones but their likelihood should be a bit lower.
Turrets have 100% chance of hitting. EXP doesn't matter. Turrets always aim for the least triggered player in sector. So with 10 ppl and 10 planet turrets, each gets one hit and only one hit. With 9 players in sector, only one will be the unlucky chap to get two blows. I do not understand force deaths taking up so much EXP. I, for once, like to swoop through them when being hunted. If i'm being attacked and i want to jump to the next sector or try to flee and a second enemy comes in and lays 25 mines for instance while being almost dead, chances are, i will die of the forces and thats not that easily avoidable unless you really want to feedkill your enemy... losing 30% (or how much it was again) to forces is just to much imho.

I like the rest of the suggestions adam did about 1v1 exp loss/gain depending on difference in level.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

That is only the base accuracy for the turrets. The final accuracy of the turret is modified by the level of the player being shot at.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.