Limiting Alignment Change Issue

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
LotuS
Beta Tester

Limiting Alignment Change Issue

Post by LotuS »

In the current game, only the trigger man of an alliance gets an alignment (+/-) when an entire team is raiding a Port. This was done originally due to the fact that some players used this to get very high alignment and be able to be safe in fed as a /8 or /10 or /12 even. Rightfully so port raiding was the go to way for anyone to change their alignment relatively quickly. It wasnt instant, you had to work at it for hours sometimes. And your location was always broadcast in the news for the entire game to see, so it wasnt without danger. But it worked and it was great. But some people will always take games to the extremes as thats what theyre suppose to do right? Why remove peoples ability to alter their character within the restrictions of the game to give them an advantage or disadvantage. Thats strategy. Thats good in a game like ours. We need more strategy. But this change I believe has proven to be detrimental in the fact that by limiting players alignment change ability, you create a more permenant scope of your character than you actually want. Your stuck as Evil or Good for the entire game now. Your alliance makes a cash route but you went good and the route is evil. Bummer, oh well maybe you will get a route to trade next game! That limiting effect on the game is what makes it monotonous. This change has done more harm than good. 1 more thing we used to be able to do and it was no big deal, that we can now no longer do. What needs to happen is simple... Put it back the way it was.

On Port Raids
Everyone who is in the shot, should gain or lose 1 alignment (+/-) PER shot. If it takes 10 shots to kill the port, all raiding ships would gain or loose 10 alignment.
It used to be this way. It was better. Players could spend a days turn to change their alignment. works even better as a team effort. It Allowed player(s) to change alignment for period of the game where their alignment can be a advantage or disadvantage to themselves or their Alliance.

Im LotuS and thats what i think
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Limiting Alignment Change Issue

Post by JettJackson »

I'd like for alignment to be more changeable but I'd like a cap of 7/ for fed protection because no one should be able to fed with a level 5 weapon, it would promote fed alliances. However I do think alignment does need changing from the current model because right now the limited alignment change is eliminating high bounties from occurring in game.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

Maximum Fed Benefit is 7. Great. All for it.

BUT.... on a side note

Landing in Fed is a Strategy. Dont kill strategy. Thats what this game used to be about. Many Great alliances have parked in fed. Permanently or temporarily. I beleive very strongly that
JettJackson wrote: it would promote fed alliances.

Attitudes like this, that push the game in a way that an alliance can only play ONE way are not only wrong but the exact reason our playerbase has shrunk and shrunk and shrunk. Its this kind of "Administration" that has held the game in gridlock for far too long.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

LotuS wrote:Maximum Fed Benefit is 7. Great. All for it.

BUT....

Landing in Fed is a Strategy. Dont kill strategy. Thats what this game used to be about. Many Great alliances have parked in fed. Permanently or temporarily. I beleive very strongly that
JettJackson wrote: it would promote fed alliances.

Attitudes like this, that push the game in a way that an alliance can only play ONE way are not only wrong but the exact reason our playerbase has shrunk and shrunk and shrunk. Its this kind of "Administration" that has held the game in gridlock for far too long.
The problem with fed alliances is though is there is nothing to hit back and with at most 2 teams lately if one is in fed and the other builds the game grows stale quickly. Not saying there is only one way one should play the game but the way the game is these days if there is fed alliances there is even less interaction than with planet galaxies.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

Lets just agree this change has proven to be more harm than good.

And reinstating the old way with a maximum fed benefit of 7 would be a whole heep better than it is now.
Aendar
Quiet One

Post by Aendar »

on the other hand, a small alliance could decide to go up against one of the bigger just because they can hide in fed now
adam_phg
Quiet One

Post by adam_phg »

I would actually vote to increase the fed max offense... Green players currently font have many advantages against narcotics
For the glory of Ayock!