Floating Draft Game

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Floating Draft Game

Post by XDemonX »

This idea will work. I will try to keep it as short and simple as possible. The idea of this is to extend games and keep the competitive.

Currently, the way the draft game plays out is it seems balanced at first, then soon it becomes a landslide. This happens almost every game. Why does this happen though? Simply because one team gets unmotivated. Why keep trying if you keep getting pounded in? Too many people use excuses such as "We got too far behind in money we can't do anything". That is not true. The way the game is setup.. money is EASY to get. All it is about is getting people motivated to play. If you are a team that has active members it is extremely difficult to compete if you have inactive members. It is as simple as that.

What I am proposing is a floating draft game, meaning some of the top active players will volunteer to be "floating" members. Meaning, when the game starts to get lopsided these players will be traded to the other team. This will be enough to balance the teams. I personally would do it in a heartbeat.. I even asked Bouncer earlier this game if he'd like me to join his team to help things out. It only takes a couple members to motivate the rest.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Aendar
Quiet One

Re: Floating Draft Game

Post by Aendar »

This draft game, where mining yourself in was the way to go, we couldn't make enough money for all the stacks that get cleared everytime. We did not have a bonder. And our trade route wasn't that good either. It popped the wrong goods and we even had to downgrade it again. And even with the trade route going on, the outside port was surveillanced pretty heavily. You can't let people clear mines, lay mines, trade and do hostile actions toward another asso. So while an excuse as "We didnt have the money" may not always be right, this time it was the decisive factor.

But apart from that, letting active people switch sides, wouldn't that drag on the game forever?
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Floating Draft Game

Post by XDemonX »

Aendar wrote:This draft game, where mining yourself in was the way to go, we couldn't make enough money for all the stacks that get cleared everytime. We did not have a bonder. And our trade route wasn't that good either. It popped the wrong goods and we even had to downgrade it again. And even with the trade route going on, the outside port was surveillanced pretty heavily. You can't let people clear mines, lay mines, trade and do hostile actions toward another asso. So while an excuse as "We didnt have the money" may not always be right, this time it was the decisive factor.

But apart from that, letting active people switch sides, wouldn't that drag on the game forever?
There are more ways to get money than just trading. Your op activity was pretty awful and I would venture to guess you guys rarely planned op. Instead of trading, you guys should of been port raiding. Because of the way racial galaxies were set up where they're FLOODED with level 9's it should of been port raid heaven but no one really took advantage of that. All you do is get into a pattern of opping every 3 days and port raiding. There were clusters of level 4-6's in neutral galaxy that could of been port raided too... or after you had one big op in racial area the ports would of been downgraded.. The main point being you guys just didn't have the people to show up to ops..you needed more members to motivate.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....