Demon's Power Hour

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
seldum
Beta Tester

Re: Demon's Power Hour

Post by seldum »

How many euro players are there even?

acd, collider, acd's multi, aendar? I think hes euro?

so we should cater things to 10% of the players?
Aendar
Quiet One

Post by Aendar »

i think there are more + some players tend to be more active at "euro" time even when they are non-euro. Just look at our op times. We chose them not because of "just" being euro friendly but because doing a survey, those opping times have the most chance of getting more ppl online to op.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Aendar wrote:i think there are more + some players tend to be more active at "euro" time even when they are non-euro. Just look at our op times. We chose them not because of "just" being euro friendly but because doing a survey, those opping times have the most chance of getting more ppl online to op.
No matter when the time is there will always be someone not happy.

The more I think about it, I think it would be fun to take turns having each alliance decide the time a week in advance. This can lead to more strategy. Maybe during that power hour you'll get enough to counter op or maybe you will have your team run to fed while the opposing team destroys your planet galaxy.

Other option within this is admins decide maybe 2 different times and each alliance takes turns picking within 4 hours of one of the times. So if admins say 8pm EST and 8am EST is the most active times then alliances can pick between 6pm and 10pm EST or 6am to 10am EST.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Aendar
Quiet One

Post by Aendar »

I like te idea of each alliance picking its hour every week more but maybe we can put this into a draft game or a non-regular round. Maybe with a special map? This could turn out to be a lot of fun if prepared well.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Aendar wrote:I like te idea of each alliance picking its hour every week more but maybe we can put this into a draft game or a non-regular round. Maybe with a special map? This could turn out to be a lot of fun if prepared well.
I would intend for this to be draft game. This way people can draft accordingly and there would only be 2 teams.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....