Alignment change for Port combat

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
LotuS
Beta Tester

Alignment change for Port combat

Post by LotuS »

Alignment change

For raiding ports +1/-1 for every shot for all traders in sector during a shot on a port depending on racial peace. If your at war with the ports race, your alignment goes up, if your at peace with the ports race your alignment goes down.

Also *** Max federal protection be capped at 6/* offensive rating no matter how high alignment gets
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Alignment change for Port combat

Post by JettJackson »

I agree with this change, it would also make bounties an important aspect to the game, as alignment rarely changes enough to create significant bounties.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

Could also base the +/- 1 change on the total relations between the player and the port race. Only differs from the peace/war status in rare cases so probably doesn't matter in the end which is used, but it makes more sense to me. But I agree with the idea.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
Ruckess06

Post by Ruckess06 »

This sounds like they would be good changes to the game, tossing it up a little. Alignment and Racial voting are often ignored/overlooked.
Ruckess
Rick