Changes to Planets and Planetary structures

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

New Maximum Planet power level (135.00)
Every build takes (0.33) Power level and adds .33 to planet level same as now. exept mining operations which take (1.0).
This means the MAX planet level is still level: 45
This will be the only kind of planet.

Lv 45 planet = (45/.33) = 135 possible builds
If you build mining operations the maximum planet level with be slightly less as they require 3x the power level of traditional planetary structures, and you will be able to build less of the others. making the planet defensively weaker.

Planet Structures Maximums
Generators Max 50
Bunkers Max 50
Hangers Max 100
Turrets Max 15
Mining Operation max 5

Planets can build all structures in any combination they wish until the max builds power level of (135) has been used. This means All planets maximum possible level is 45. this makes all planets customizeable and you never know exactly how they are built.

Mining operations explained more below.

Mining OperationsNEW! max 5 per planet
Cost: 10 million credits, 100 wood, 100 ore, 100 computer, 100 machinery, and 100 computers. 12 hours for level 1, 18 hours for level 2, 24 hours for level 3, 30 hours for level 4, and 36 hours for level 5. (expensive and time consuming)

-Uses slaves on planet, the more slave workers you drop onto planet the more money production each mine can produce. You add slaves to the planetary stockpile like normal, but if a mining operation is active on the planet, new button appears 'Send Slaves to the Planetary Mining Operation'.
New planetary tab (when landed) on top of planet main screen 'Mining Operation' Showing you details of planetary mining operation Level 1-5. Current number of slaves working in the mine
Current daily production of Credits
Credits are produced constantly and available immediately for withdrawal
If a planet with a mining operation is sucessfully busted, all slaves in the mines die that were on the rock. And opposing team needs to restock the slaves to restart the mining operation.

This makes it more beneficial to have Evil Traders in the alliance, who can stock planets with slaves. Also gives incentive to planet bust any alliance with lots of planets. Also gives small alliance teams a way to make money off of building rocks by themselves.

Cash production Formula for Mining operations is as follows:

Each mine adds 500 to base formula
Planet with 1 mining operation (500*Slaves)/(1.75) = Cash production
Planet with 2 mining operation (1000*Slaves)/(1.75) = Cash production
Planet with 3 mining operation (1500*Slaves)/(1.75) = Cash production
Planet with 4 mining operation (2000*Slaves)/(1.75) = Cash production
Planet with 5 mining operation (2500*Slaves)/(1.75) = Cash production

Example: Planet with 3 to 5 mining operations and 7300 slaves:
(1500*7300 slaves)/(1.75) = 6.25 mil daily

Same rock with 4th mine
(2000*7300 slaves)/(1.75) = 8.34 mil daily

Same rock with 5th mine
(2500*7300 slaves)/(1.75) = 10.42 mil daily

At planet max of 5 mining operations and 10,000 slaves
(2500*10,000 slaves)/(1.75) = 14.28 mil daily

-Adds strategy of building Different style planets for different applications. Bonders, landers, shield rocks, cash producing planets at strategic points for ops ect. Adds new level of planet gameplay strategy.
-Planets with mining operations built on them loose the ability to be a bonding planet as soon as the first mining operation completes building.
-Planets with mining operations produce alot less money than bonder rocks, which have alot more risk with having the money locked up for long periods of time, but since the money is constantly available, any money a mining operation creates is Always at risk.
-Teams can choose NOT to build mining operations. They are entirely optional.
-This will potentially eliminate 9 out of 10 planets always having nothing on them when they are busted. more fun and spoils for teams who actively planet bust.
-If a alliance has mining operation planets, it creates the job of going to collect the money from them.
-Mining operations make your planets defensively weaker and require excessive building times and resources.
-When a planet is busted with a active mining operation, all money production stops as all the slaves are killed in the invasion.
Last edited by LotuS on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Changes to Planets and Planetary structures

Post by JettJackson »

That makes an unbeatable planet that makes money. That is not a good idea. There was a reason planets were knocked down from 70 to 45, there were like 7 games in a row where a 70 wasn't even hit.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

I Edited my original post to make it more clear, and changed max planet power level from 150 to 135 which means max potential planet level changed from level 50 to level 45.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

After we clarified something in chat, I am fine with the dynamic of the planets except for the money aspect. Money is extremely easy to get as it is, there is no reason to add free money to game that would really only benefit the largest/strongest alliances.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Good idea Lotus, a planet should be more then just a parking lot. Think about how much time, money, and goods it takes to build a planet. Why shouldn't a planet give something back it just sounds fair. I always felt that there should be colonies on planets I mean in the required building materials is Food. Who eats the food? lol So yes slaves add a cool twist.

It also opens up that when a planet is attacked you will have a death toll. Which will slow down rebuilding time that is if build time is based on population rather then just plain straight time.

Anyway just stopped in to see what is happening, good you see some of you guys still around.

Take care
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

As Lotus reached out to me I told him I would take a glance at this.

Glaring issue for the game has been sometimes it isn't worth planet busting because the planets you bust will not net you anything. People won't land because there is no reason to land especially when fed is semi close. Majority of time it is more beneficial to spend the turns traveling to planet then risking sleeping on the planet. Landing on planets don't really happen until end game because if someone busts your planet early on, who cares because you can just bust it back.

With that being said, I like this idea but I would like to see an initial investment placed on the planet. Example, maybe for 1 mining operation you have to invest $30,000,000 (equipment fees you can call it). This money cannot be withdrawn once it is invested in the planet. The money however can be "liquidated" for 50% of the initial investment returned after a 12 hour period. This sort of creates a mini bonder to fight over when opposing alliances takes planets. I can't imagine there will be too many funds available especially if they are available immediately.

You could also expand on this idea to create operations that maybe increase your turn speed generation by landing on a planet. This would give more motivation to land on a planet even if it's just a 10% to 20% boost in turn speed when landed.

Overall good idea. Hopefully you find a coder to implement these great ideas.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Mal

Post by Mal »

I think it's a good idea, but I don't know who will implement it. Or if anyone will be around to use it!
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

Question to Lotus - Is 10,000 slaves the max number of slaves on the planet, or can they number of slaves go to 2^32 - 1?

I like XDX's turn generation bonus for landing on rocks. I've always been in favor of having some bonus for spending time outside of fed.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.