Coding

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Pickles
Quiet One

Coding

Post by Pickles »

Hi, some of you don't know me, some do.

Anyhow, I'm working on moving SMR to a different codebase which is a bit more approachable for other programmers.

Bear in mind that what I'm working on is essentially a full rewrite so it's going to take a while (food requires work) to get something with full functionality.

However, if there is something urgent, something that requires coding as opposed to a database change, then please let me know and I wil try to make it happen.

Curu
Pickles
And when his armies reached the coast; and he beheld the sea; and comprehended the breadth of his domain; Alexander wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Coding

Post by Freon22 »

Hey Curufir,
Thanks for the help I fixed the email I had forgot to upload a new email class that I wrote. The validation code is sent out to verify emails and if someone does not get an email they can enter their email address it will then check to see if they are registered and will send out a new validation code. I would have found that bug but it would have been much later down the road during testing.

Anyway what code base are you talking about? If it is C# then I may want to help, it just depends on how fast and my current work load.
Pickles
Quiet One

Post by Pickles »

Hi Freon.

In terms of code base, there is none. I'm pretty much throwing out the old code and most of the database design, essentially it's a from scratch rewrite.

That being said I'm not planning on starting from a blank page because I'd like to finish before the end of time. I'm building on the Laravel framework (which is PHP). The plan is to have most of the realtime elements (e.g. in-game chat, updates) done with Socket.io on node.js. In some weird future it would all be Vue, node.js and a single page app but not for this imagining. All very fun, but I'm stuck with sorting out the DB design at the moment so there's not much to show right now.

Loty asked me to look at a planet change in the current code, but it seems like touches on quite a few places. Might take some time to do well, but at least it would show someone's working on the game. I dunno, I'll see what I can do. My time isn't unlimited.
Pickles
And when his armies reached the coast; and he beheld the sea; and comprehended the breadth of his domain; Alexander wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Ok if I can help in anyway just let me know. :D