EXP updating every 5 mins

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

I'll say the same to anyone who cannot be bothered to read the WB before posting uninformed, self-serving opinions........
Jez
Quiet One

Post by Jez »

z just accept that a good few of these guys just love to start fights when they're not too busy patting themselves on the back. Best thing is to just ignore them.

Oh and hey Ardbeg just fyi LotuS most of the time is hunting WBs, not watching XP changes for traders. I can't really see how it's a self-serving opinion, but of course you can seeing as you're informed and all.

I'm gonna love the day when people can actually post an opinion along with a constructive suggestion without certain people posting their stupidity over and over again.

Oh and yeah I agree with LotuS btw because I'm self-serving and uninformed too. Ohh yeah bebbe.
Gaah
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

that galaxy design is lessd than 200 sectors bigger than current game. And you think that it will hinder interaction??? no exp for 5 mins is nuts. it will drop interaction by 50% at least.

Its a bad idea.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Target
Quiet One

Post by Target »

i don't think having it more than 1-2 minutes is a good idea. i love the idea though
Tulayrk
Quiet One

Post by Tulayrk »

LotuS wrote:it will drop interaction by 50% at least.
Or maybe it will get some people to think twice about using all of their turns chasing pings and there will be more ops/fleet battles in the game. One can hope at least. :wink:

I think the principle of the idea is good, but some tweaking will definitely be needed to find the best delay time.

If this updating could be done independently of the game clock, perhaps you could even build different delay times into different ships... :twisted:
Zedread
Beta Tester

Post by Zedread »

This is a ridiculous ideia... Nowadays its allready difficult to kill a trader if he is good with that sort of stuff it will get impossible to kill any of them. I only see ppl complain complain not because they want the game better but only because they want to die less. Like anxiety saying MS is 2 overpower... Don't remove the fun of the game.
Smor
Quiet One

Post by Smor »

im not sure what i think about that. i have to say that vtreka is right, that can make alliances play together. this game we had only one alliance that really played as alliance. but lotus is right too. interaction will be droped down alot. what if u read in news about raid going on. will u go there and try to pod that guy? or maiby u will find 2-3 guys there? cpl was only way to check how many ppls are raiding. u can not hunting by tracking? how u will find someone in racials? they dont have scouts. ok... u will use them for pb and pr... alliances will play together and stuffs... and vtreka did what he planed. but who will go there and try to stop pbs when u can not know how many ppls are raiding or busting...
u all can think about that. im sure u will find alot of reassons for and against that move.
at this moment im 60/40 for delaying. but i dont think that is good enough for changing. often we want the best and then realize we just did game worse.
Tulayrk
Quiet One

Post by Tulayrk »

Sterling wrote:Something like that Tul?
Yes.
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

Sterling wrote:Different time delays into different ships...you mean, making maneuvarability possibly useful? A thief is highly maneuvarable so it updates less often (is spotted trading less) and a PSF is a slow hulk, and is updated more often? Something like that Tul?
Ooo... this is an incredibly enlightened idea Tul. It would take a lot of thought and tweaking to get it right though. But if we did get it right, it would really be an improvement.
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

great idea spawned from something else ;P
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC