EXP updating every 5 mins

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
DW
Quiet One

Post by DW »

Well like azool said, some traders could go out and trade within 5 mins easy, isnt there a way u can at least see that they r indeed trading, and btw how long will scouts be lasting since this has gone into affect, i hope more than one measily day.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

DW wrote:Well like azool said, some traders could go out and trade within 5 mins easy, isnt there a way u can at least see that they r indeed trading, and btw how long will scouts be lasting since this has gone into affect, i hope more than one measily day.
It shouldn't be too hard to flag people on the CPL whose xp has changed in the last x number of minutes - a little up (or down) arrow next to their name for example.

.....and yes, lone scouts should definitely be extended
Smor
Quiet One

Post by Smor »

8 Spooky Volrish the Fish (95) Ik'Thorne (none) 743,753
9 Spooky Smor (50) Thevian (none) 686,253
10 Spooky John BigBootay (35) Nijarin Hades Followers 718,087

my real exp: Experience : 719,916
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

lol, you can tell your exp has gone up there...
Vladdy
Quiet One

Post by Vladdy »

I would just start trading at xx:05:01 and stop at xx:09:59, on the route I'll trade no hunters will get me lol, they won't have a clue where i am, PS to admins: this CPL delay is stupid and won't help a bit to stop SMC hunting, just remove the statistism a bit and you have a far better solution then current...
Merchants Guide to the Universe
http://mgu.smrealms.de

Retired!!!
EstoyLoco
Admin Emeritus

Post by EstoyLoco »

:)

I think it is a good idea... Players always hunted in the past with scout drones and mines only and imho there wuz at least as much inteaction.. Interaction between alliances before SMC wuz better.. Now we used to look at CP: to see who moved...

One thing we can do to see who's active and not from cpl is making it avaible for everyone to see the time of the last click they did.. to see who moves ferquently or not...

That wouldn't tell us if they trade or not but at least if you hunt for someone and you know he his is trader ship you will be able to go where you think he trades etc if you see the refreshing link

As of now SMC is killing the game.. And anyone who doesn't agree with that, sorry but he' blind.. I dont play the game much (thats one of the reasons but..) And i know and heard about how its killing the game! *g*

CPL been used to hunt for ages.. helped a lot but now there is abuse... Understand that... Abuse = no good for the game, we have to fix it...

If you dont want things to change dont abuse em next time ;) Now we'll find an alternative all together to fix it a different way! Stop complaining its stupid if you think it is, but bring a better idea!!!

Just my opinion

~EstoyLoco~
PaTer
Quiet One

Post by PaTer »

EstoyLoco wrote: Players always hunted in the past with scout drones and mines only
~EstoyLoco~
Hunting using exp changes was known and used before SMC.
"Evil and good are God's right hand and left."
-Philip James Bailey
Anx-
Quiet One

Post by Anx- »

/me agrees with Pater/Vlad.

SMC makes it a no brainer to find routes and in turn gives hunters the intel they need to find them. If you use an easy identifiable SMC route to trade you should expect the same ammount of effort used to find you. Also if this is being considered to once again help new players again I would say this is a bad idea. Since scouts will become the most/only effective way to catch someone trading outside of fed the new players will be most hurt. Vets know enough not to trade over hunters scouts and most newbies do not.
Save the whales, harpoon a fat chic
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

PaTer wrote:
EstoyLoco wrote: Players always hunted in the past with scout drones and mines only
~EstoyLoco~
Hunting using exp changes was known and used before SMC.
Possibly Pater, but they didn't have a program that displayed the exact routes the traders could be using.

Again I will say that five minutes seems a bit long, and Tulayrk's idea should be seriously considered. It makes sense and it has support.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Anxiety wrote:/me agrees with Pater/Vlad.

SMC makes it a no brainer to find routes and in turn gives hunters the intel they need to find them. If you use an easy identifiable SMC route to trade you should expect the same ammount of effort used to find you. Also if this is being considered to once again help new players again I would say this is a bad idea. Since scouts will become the most/only effective way to catch someone trading outside of fed the new players will be most hurt. Vets know enough not to trade over hunters scouts and most newbies do not.
So you're saying SMC hunting helps newbs? In the manual it warns you about scouts in sector but not about people jumping you when theres "nothing" to say that your there over anywhere else in the universe, and also most alliance will have warnings about scouts for newbies, even the newbie ones.