Money in game

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

How good can a short route be? Kinda puts a cap on what the best money route can be.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
Imhotep
Quiet One

Post by Imhotep »

Therefore it succeeds in lowering the total cash in game which was the question addressed in the topic. It has the added benefit of making trading involve some sort of choice. Lowering the cash modifier for all routes will only hurt small alliances by STILL leaving the long routes as the ONLY way to make money on the game. My way will lower the cash plus diversify trading plus keep newbie alliances and solo players able to make the same amount of decent cash that ALL alliances can make. Big alliances will still make and control long routes for faster exp gain, but well organized alliances can get that benefit.
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

Trading sucks as it is. This ideas is excellent in theory, and normally I would be all for it. Yes is adds alot to the game, but as it is right now you gain experience and cash hunting that equals that of trading, so unless that has beenchanged I don't think its a good idea to weaken trading.

Also, once big alliance have a sizable bond they don't need money from trading, and can trade all out XP. Beating the little guy at both money and xp.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Volrath »

I like that idea... as the game is now, anyone who plays the game for the first time, won't get an alliance, wont get money, wont get a better ship, wont get fun, will quit playing....
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

Currently in Veil of Avalon