Unbelievable :D

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

the names are not the same, nor do they break any rule on inappropriate names. There is no reason to change them.
DW
Quiet One

Post by DW »

How the hell are the travdan's names anything close to the hallicutions or whatever, u gotta be f***ing retarded to not beable to tell them apart on the roster and on the news.
Hadeslady
Quiet One

Post by Hadeslady »

Sterling,

Surely you are more intelligent than to question the difference. Difference of Starfires is more than obvious. Each of them had a unique name identifying them. No one read vance starfire and confused it with princess starfire, where as you read LotuS, Lotus or Lotu$, that is quite confusing and obviously ridiculous. I do not think anyone with half a brain can compare the 2.

If they wanted to be Lotus they should have used Lotus Jr. Lotus II or Lotus III or something that is less confusing and can be misconstrued as deceiving.
Target
Quiet One

Post by Target »

when i first saw the 'lotuses' the first thing i thought of was hallutions situation. the 3 names are incredibly close and i i'm glad steps have been taken to deal with it.

the dc situation is completely different. it is not travdan spelled 30 different ways. if you are going to change this then change all the names that contain kena and those that start w/ the letter 'm'.
Hadeslady
Quiet One

Post by Hadeslady »

Ok, i will concede that the Travdans are different enough to give them a different identity. I think the rule should be any name that is used mutliple times such as the Lotus's or the Hall. last game should not be allowed, but if you include other characters in your name to make it more clear which is which would be acceptable. But like any rule, people are like children and try to push the rule to far.

It would be easier to not have the discussion after the fact if you do not put yourself there to begin with.

Of course, this is my opinion, but this is supposed to be fun and to argue over names, is anal.
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

I agree that names should be changed when they affect gameplay. This occurs when names LOOK identical. I was one of the proponents of the Hallucinations name change last game, but I think even LotuS's names are clear enough to not be a problem. You CAN distinguish between the three on sight.
Itchnov
The Uber Noober

Post by Itchnov »

I can tell lotus' apart, one has zero, one has dollar, one is normal, is everyone blind?
Hadeslady
Quiet One

Post by Hadeslady »

Actually yes, if you must know, not everyone has 20/20 vision. But point being when you are in a hurry, you don't exactly have time to sit and read it clearly to figure out which has which stupid letter.

Children must always push the limit to see how far the rule will go.
Rosebud
Quiet One

Post by Rosebud »

I personally don't find anything wrong with either the lotus names or the travdan names.

I looked at them at knew immediately that it was a different lotus or different travdan no questions asked. the Lotus one I can see *some* argument for from people but I personally think its fine... as far as the travdan one goes maybe every single gosh damn word should be particular to a person??? That way if someone has starfire, or death, or THE in their name no one can be confused... pshhh
B.O.B. - Rosebud is one of craziest cool drunks I know.
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

The problem with Travdans is that their names (multi, other multi, etc) send out a slightly bad message. I've received a couple complaints about that in chat...