Unbelievable :D

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Rosebud
Quiet One

Post by Rosebud »

meh... I hate PCness
B.O.B. - Rosebud is one of craziest cool drunks I know.
Morpheus
Quiet One

Post by Morpheus »

The only thing that would be unfair is if names look exactly the same on CPL or alliance roster (which was the case last game).
As long as you can distinguish between the names everything is according to the rules. Although i don't like it if some people use funny names, i have to accept it, cause it doesn't break any rules.
Besides that it's funny enough that someone wants to use the name Lotus ;)
PaTer
Quiet One

Post by PaTer »

1. We Hallucinations asked Admins about it, they said - Yes

2. We had diffrent names, Haiiucinations, Haliucinations, Hailucinations.

3. First you whine about our names, then you start to use the same trick

4. Our names were changed... and a new rule was added.
"Evil and good are God's right hand and left."
-Philip James Bailey
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

First of all, complaints are common in life, if they have no merit, they should be set aside. People can complain about my unfair connection but it's part of life, should I be forced to play on something slower? Pater, you need to learn the difference between something being similar and something being the same. The names used now are so distinctive, that's it's sad that I have to post about it. Some of you need to stop :D about everything. And the implications? If the admins were on top of players names, alliance names, alliance motts and planet names as well as everything else, I would shut up about implications but you all pick and choose when you care and that's pathetic.
oc12 here, what you playing with slowpoke?
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Bottom line: Players had difficulty distinguishing between the hallucinations and the Lotus's, because they were intended by the players to be confused. It was therefore correct to change them. There are no names in DC that could possibly be confused with each other, so that should be the end of this discussion.
Tulayrk
Quiet One

Post by Tulayrk »

Blum wrote:The problem with Travdans is that their names (multi, other multi, etc) send out a slightly bad message. I've received a couple complaints about that in chat...
I can't possibly see how it's any of the Travdans' faults if someone is dumb enough to go make a multi because "The Travdans' names vaguely suggested that it was an encouraged form of game play."

By that logic I hereby request that anyone with "420" in their names be made to change their names immediately because I'm afraid that their slightly bad message will negatively impact my life and the lives of others.

EDIT: I don't really have a problem with the LotuSes either.
canff
Beta Tester

multi,

Post by canff »

I think it is just the fact that they make fun of the multi... stuff that the admins don't like..Yes the old players know whats up...but new people will see it and think they can get away with more then 1 account.....Thats all thats wrong...Come on you should of thought of that before you made the names... Not everyone can take names for the fun in them...Sucks but you know...Can't send out a bad image for the game..
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

Canff?
Tulayrk wrote:
Blum wrote:The problem with Travdans is that their names (multi, other multi, etc) send out a slightly bad message. I've received a couple complaints about that in chat...
I can't possibly see how it's any of the Travdans' faults if someone is dumb enough to go make a multi because "The Travdans' names vaguely suggested that it was an encouraged form of game play."

By that logic I hereby request that anyone with "420" in their names be made to change their names immediately because I'm afraid that their slightly bad message will negatively impact my life and the lives of others.

EDIT: I don't really have a problem with the LotuSes either.
During trader creation, it says in BIG RED LETTERS that multiple accounts for an individual person are prohibited. Just because our names say "multi" doesn't mean that we are or condone such. Anyone who takes our names as a valid and legal argument deserves to burn their tongue on extremely hot coffee, become obese by eating fast food every day, and be banned for creating a multi.
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

Canff, if you feel that way, I want Sexual and Jack Daniels to have they're names changed. Both are names that cause me great discomfort when I see them on the CPL. We can continue on with Cmen which is sexual in nature but spelled uniquely and the alliance SS Gestapo. We can go on and on.
oc12 here, what you playing with slowpoke?
Hadeslady
Quiet One

Post by Hadeslady »

This has gotten almost to the point where ridiculous doesn't even explain it. If you don't make names that will make people complain, this topic wouldn't be an issue. Personally I don't care if you name yourselves a, b, c, and d. To say all names with 420 in it is an offense is foolish. Not every one in the world knows what those numbers mean. I for one had to ask.

Lets put this to rest and find something new to complain about cause you can only beat a dead horse for so long. I am sure if you watch close enough another subject will come up.