Alliance Roster Size

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Anx-
Quiet One

Alliance Roster Size

Post by Anx- »

Will the 25 Vet 5 Newbie change be implemented into the next game? If yes please post the details of it otehr than the obvious :P As in once they graduate into vet, AA access, ect
Save the whales, harpoon a fat chic
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Bad idea...hope it doesn't come to pass.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Rosebud
Quiet One

Post by Rosebud »

I'd like to quote a semi-good scholar who said a prfound statement on the matter...
Rosebud wrote:teaching newbs is good and all but they hinder the full capacity an alliance can do. if every alliance has to have 5 newbs to be a full alliance then who are they going to look at when they want to see how to be the best? Having some alliances with no newbies is a learning experience itself... take that away and you're hurting the newbies... I thought we were trying to prevent that????
B.O.B. - Rosebud is one of craziest cool drunks I know.
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Shady_FA- »

Harry Krishna wrote:Bad idea...hope it doesn't come to pass.
cosign
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

the point isn't really to help newbies as much as it is to weaken stronger alliances.

As far as I know (and it WAS announced earlier) the next game will have a 25 PLAYER max.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

Have you admins even read about all the glaring complications this will cause? This is by far the most senseless action the developers have ever taken.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

I disagree, maybe cause I see a different side of it. I would like to see a game with smaller alliances, maybe 10 members, maybe run it at double speed or something, but I remember a time when a fleet of 5 or 6 ships could do amazing things and I'd like to see a return to that, at least for a game, just to try it out or something
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Jez
Quiet One

Post by Jez »

It's funny how the admins care so little about the players view on this. Oh well I strongly disagree and I personally will go find another game if the alliance roster is decreased in size. You have already changed so much these last few games, why not listen to the guys who actually play this game and take a rest before you ruin the game?

Anyways do as you wish, it seems your minds are set. I personally just hope all the opposed players will walk out so you'll somehow learn the consequenses of not caring when a large majority of the players are opposed to something.

That's pretty much all I have to say on the matter.
Gaah
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

i like the idea, it will spread the talent out more and make the game more fun. The game wont be so much about how many ships you have but more about how well you use them.
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

Most of us aren't protesting against the idea (so long as alliances are large enough to maintain territory). What we're protesting against is the thoughtlessness that went into its implementation. There was an entire thread about the consequences of this change, and many people pointed out the many problems.

If the admins don't see the point, I'll rummage through that thread and make a page long list of inconsistencies, unfavorable gameplay, outright mechanical flaws, and potential abuses.

Don't do this for next game! At the very least fix it first.