Alliance Roster Size

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

And how many people in non-top 5 (to 10) alliances care? Maybe if they cared what happened to SMR they'd join the webboard and post. Just a thought...
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Maybe they think that the webboard is only for those really really into the game, or maybe they just realize that there isnt much that goes on here but a bunch of people whinning about every damn thing
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

I agree make a vote on it. Set it up to a link for when you login to SMR and make everyone vote on it.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

What about my idea of 15 member alliances? that should be up as well, as should 25 members total, no newbie restrictions
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Thauglor
Quiet One

Post by Thauglor »

Lots of people in top alliances are in it for ops, planets and territory. Limiting this will make very dedicated players quit for semiactives who will probably have quit in a month or 2 anyway.
The almighty Thauglor
Lords of Melnibone

HoA, DS, UT, TC, TE, TSM, DD, DEATH, SP, DC, Virus, MH
Incision
Quiet One

Post by Incision »

Warlock wrote:Now, Incision, didn't you just create a contest because with your current force you cannot get the numbers to do a large op? If alliances are having difficulty doing large ops with the current alliance cap, this poorly thought out idea will merely cripple them even further. Before I saw this thread, I was thinking of making a post about INCREASING the alliance size by 10. Make it more possible to do the big ops.. and have fleet engagements. The best war in SM history was when there wasn't an alliance cap. Furthermore, this will help increase retention in the game, as players will make more contacts within the game, and more newbies will be taken in and trained by the alliances.
No I made the contest cuz no one else will hit DC, I can get 15 of my 20 ppl on for an op... its just been that I've been busy *shrug*
Incision
Faded Image
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Or maybe it just means you need to work a little bit harder to work as a team sterling, instead of an alliance with members that only show up occasionaly or for ops, every single member is important, every single member has a role to play, if anything it would heighten the team spirit, not worsen it.

Maybe the reason you are so against it is cause you know that one reason DC is always so good is cause all your players are some of the most active in the game, you arent always the best players, just really active. And maybe if all alliances had to play with 15 man alliances, they'd be a bit more careful about who they recruited, recruiting players from specific time zones etc, then DC wouldnt have been as sucessful as it was.

OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

*chuckles* Yeah I am well aware that DC is finished after this game, I seem to be around a fair bit for someone who is fully retired, maybe I know more about the way this game is running than may appear. And as for why I quit, it really had nothing to do with DC at all, I was just tired of dealing with alliances an such, I swear some of you act like you are 9.

You fail to realize that with 30 members good op attendance is what 60%? I'd expect that trend to continue with 15 member alliances, so op fleets would be smaller as well, which is why smaller mine fields doesnt pose an issue.

LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

Didnt read last 3 pages. but this is a bad idea and if implimented will fux up everything.

thankyou and goodnight.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

OmegaRenegade wrote:You fail to realize that with 30 members good op attendance is what 60%? I'd expect that trend to continue with 15 member alliances, so op fleets would be smaller as well, which is why smaller mine fields doesnt pose an issue.
You are corret OR - an alliance can hope for around 60% attendance for ops at best. Yep, it'd sure be great to have 9 people show up for a level 70 op at best..