The Codenamed Project

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Vladdy
Quiet One

The Codenamed Project

Post by Vladdy »

As some of you may have heard, I'm getting very close to releasing the first version of my SMC to the public. However, for now I have a very big problem: the name.
The person(human/robot) that comes up with the best name will be rewarded with 3 smr credits.

Also, it would be greatly appreciated if you can help me by suggesting what should be added to the program.

Features currently included in The Codenamed Project:
  • - SMR Style Galaxy Map (possible to do SMR maze as well)
    - Trade Route finder (Same as SMC's, except you can tell them to remove drained goods, and support for the Nijarin race)
    - Plot Course (same as SMC, except i haven't added jump drive capable ships yet)
    - Arm up route (select a beginpoint and an endpoint (both optional) and a few weapons, and it will give you the shortest route to get these (you can select galaxies you don't want to go through)
    - Find locations (Just select a weapon, an item, a ship, (any) bnk or bar, and it will show all locations having it. if you enter a sector, it will also sort on distance from your location)
    - Compact format for saving galaxy map (SMC maps for this galaxy: 214kB, mine: 24kB)
    - SMC map importing
I'm open for suggestions on what to add to the proram, and hoping any of you guys can come up with a suitable name ;), and hopefully better then 'The Codenamed Project' as it's called for now...

PS: I want to add a 'View galaxy information', with all information you ever want about that galaxy (amount of planets... items being sold there etc), any suggestion about that is welcome as well :)
Merchants Guide to the Universe
http://mgu.smrealms.de

Retired!!!
Vladdy
Quiet One

Post by Vladdy »

I don't have the rights to use the name Space Merchant Companion... else I would have considered that.. :)

Retired!!!
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Merchant Companion
SMR Mapper
Space Merchants Helper
Traders Guide
Game Bible
SMR Mapping Companion
Universal Game Guide
The Mapping Tool

Will try to think of more over the weekend. Your program sound good hope to see it soon.
z-money
Quiet One

Post by z-money »

THE ULTIMATE SPACE MERCHANT REALMS SUPER AWESOME HELPER GUIDE/MAPPER/PLOTTER/TRADE ROUTE FINDER THINGIE
z-money
Quiet One

Post by z-money »

or TUSMRSAHGMPTRFT for short
GronK
Quiet One

Post by GronK »

SMRC Space Merchant Realms Companion-----------------------KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!!!!------------

And does it auto map your map file so you don't have to enter it sector by sector.

BAM BAM
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Hitchhikers guide to SMR? hehe

I'm glad to see a closest location finder like yours, been wishing for one of those for a while :)

I know SMC has the ability to record who own what planets and what level they are, but how about sectors? So you can keep track of enemy mine fields

Also maybe the option to avoid galaxy/sectors when plotting a course? you have it for arm up routes, but will normal plotting have it too?
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Vladdy
Quiet One

Post by Vladdy »

OmegaRenegade wrote:I know SMC has the ability to record who own what planets and what level they are, but how about sectors? So you can keep track of enemy mine fields.
I will work on it, my program theoretically supports giving sectors a color (green/yellow/red or none), shouldn't be too hard to add an option 'avoid red/yellow sectors' or make plot course avoid galaxies as well (since shortest arm up route uses same routine for that...)

EDIT: Not planning on auto-mapper, not because it is too hard to make, but admins will probably mess up galaxy map view again so Ill have to change automapper again etc etc.. there are enough people that have auto-mappers for SMC.. I'll add documentation about the CMF format so people can make auto-mappers for this program as well :P

Retired!!!
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

so how is it different from the current SMC???? I didnt notice any differences
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

location finder was a big one, also the arming route thing
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will