interface design contest entries

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
EstoyLoco
Admin Emeritus

Post by EstoyLoco »

Here's Alternatives.. with less heavy colors.. I repeat.. dont judge the quality of the picture !! Its ugly but more the main ideas...

#2 http://www.geocities.com/jiefcote/Current_sector2.JPG

and

#3 http://www.geocities.com/jiefcote/Current_sector3.JPG

Might pleases a bit more few ppl

My favorite one actually is the #2 :)

Estoy
CoonDawg
Quiet One

Post by CoonDawg »

You guys have posted some damn fine designs. Seriously. I've created $100,000 projects from designs that looked far worse then Rosens.

I would love to see any of those new designs in Beta (and eventually) in the game itself. Good job to all!

But enough ass kissing.

From my experience; a project will never get off the ground without a schedule. Unless you want the new interface to be nothing more then a fantasy then the following questions need to be answered:

When is the deadline for the contest?
When will a winner be selected?
Will it be coded? By whom?
When will we see it in beta?

It would really suck if you guys came up with a cool design and it never went any further.
EstoyLoco
Admin Emeritus

Post by EstoyLoco »

As i told in announcement, The dead line wuz 19th of september :) It will prolly be next week end as of now As i didn't had time to set hthings up!

The winner will be choosen by the community by a vote as i explained and Coders will code it after about a period of 2-3 m,onths..

Well actually they wont code the winner's design necessarly.. they will code a design that can have some ideas of multiple designs they liked or they can code it entirly with what the winner did.. It will be decided in time! :)

30 credits to the winner or 15 / 15 is CS and Login is different winners :)

Estoy
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

Ahh.. ''Galaxy Siege'' I like it..
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Anarchos
Quiet One

Post by Anarchos »

Can I enter this contest?
...Tag Line Not Included...
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

it's an open contest, go for it
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

ahh lemme do my splash screen before ya close it :P
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

CoonDawg
Quiet One

Post by CoonDawg »

DOH.

/me just caught up with the announcements.

I apologize for making you repeat your annoucement in this post. Looks like awsome things are happening in the next few months.
Shesmu
Quiet One

Post by Shesmu »

This is excellent stuff - I think especially the spalsh page needs work.

I suck at webdesign but know a thing or two about makes webpages sell ...We really, really, really need to add some dynamic features to the frontpage. When you visit that page you need to be blown away by the fact that this game is played by thousands of people from all over the world.

One of the entries had a # players online thing - that's the kind of thing we need. Perhaps add a field where the lates news are shown - make it update even if the page isn't reloaded. So you sit there reading the page and boom player X dies in a game - "hmm maybe I should check this out..." Use the many stats we're already collecting and show people that we do cool stuff like planetary busts, spaceport rading etc...

I know we need to keep the pages simple, but try to show the life behind the splash page...
--
A word from our sponsor: NEW ISSUE OF NEWS CONTROL !
http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=3412
NEWS CONTROL - 24/7 Independent SMR News
axisofunity
Beta Tester

Post by axisofunity »

Shesmu wrote:
When you visit that page you need to be blown away by the fact that this game is played by thousands of people from all over the world.

One of the entries had a # players online thing - that's the kind of thing we need. Perhaps add a field where the lates news are shown - make it update even if the page isn't reloaded. So you sit there reading the page and boom player X dies in a game - "hmm maybe I should check this out..." Use the many stats we're already collecting and show people that we do cool stuff like planetary busts, spaceport rading etc...

I know we need to keep the pages simple, but try to show the life behind the splash page...
Total agreement mate. This would be excellent.