Mines - The END.....

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Carnuth
Quiet One

Post by Carnuth »

Carnuth wrote:locate the lvl 5s sufficiently far from warps and CAs. add more CAs.
theres your solution
dawnrazors, shadow, system failure, cereal killers, death control, suckas, armory
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I have played with the big alliances and the small alliances. The different is in the big alliances you don't have to worry as much about money, ship, weapons, mines, and hunters. Being fair there are thing you do have to worry about. In a small alliance you do have to worry about money, ships, weapons, mines, and hunters. Its hard to trade without having some scouts out and you can't get any scouts because the CA is mined in. The hunters have the mines to trap you with and the scout to see you with but most of them are in the big alliances. If you do get a pod and your chances are very good that you will, trading in your home galaxy. You will have to restart in the freebe ship and trade for days building up the cash for a better ship or you will wait for days until your alliance can spare the money for you. No matter how you look at it mines were a problem in SM and its a problem here, alway have been alway will be. Some good ideas have come up and some of them should be looked at and tryed. Also scout should be sold at more then just the CA. And yes if you don't think what I am saying is the true you should try playing a game in a small alliance, again if you never have or again if you have for a reminder.
LotuS I didn't know you could hunt with a PSF. lol
Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

Funny you killed a trader in your psf too?
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

aparently!

muhahahaha
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

You claim loty wouldnt complain if he were in a big alliance? Well what about me? Last I checked Epic was a big alliance, and I still hate all these mines
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

Dont get me started on epic. I am trying to be nice about things and not start a flame war on another subject
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Thanks for keeping the level of the discussion below 451 degrees... :)
that which pods you makes you stronger
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Re: Mines - The END.....

Post by Vtreka »

LotuS wrote:Well I have come to the conclusion that after several games, The major alliances have all followed Death Controls lead and all try to mine the entire game, all game. And quite frankly, Its ;) me off.
OMG are you serious? LotuS I KNOW you were around in the very first vet game here at SMR and things were NO different. TF/HoA, CM, Shadow, KAOS, TDR all had huge mines fields that covered their planets galaxies and extended into the connecting neutral. Also the big locations were generally located there and so the alliances protected whatever was closest to their galaxy for their use. CA's were slightly further away from planet galaxies at the time but they will still generall mined down unless cleared (which every major alliance constantly did back then).

Things have ALWAY been like this.
Omega Renegade wrote:Did you have galaxy sized mine fields when you learned the game? Like it or not, this style of game is fairly new to SMR, even in the last vet game in SPB we had a fairly large mine field, but even that was maybe 15 sectors. It has become about the top few alliances and thier huge ass mine fields.
It started off as a mined corridor, but we didn't stay with 15 sectors. We mined the corridor, the CA, the uno the PPL shop (which at the time had Nijarin weapons in it as well... we pretty much nailed down that entire galaxy for ourselves.

Small alliance will NEVER be able to compete... you can't expect 10 people to match it up with 30 no matter what. They will always have trouble getting stuff as well as the bigger alliances. We can do little things to improve it like better positioning of CA's or something to make it harder to lock down stuff but it won't stop the big alliances doing it, or trying to do it.

How much mining was there back in SM for the people who do know? Cuz I've been here since NG2 and can say its pretty much always been this way here. Not just since DC.
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

More then likely there was probably as much mining on old SM..but for some reason it doesn't seem like it.. I don't remember mines being a problem back on shareplay..but I dont see them as a major problem here either..they could be less..and something needs to be done to make it better for the smaller alliances..but I dunno.. they could be worse..usually the mines that are around the weps,etc. can be cleared easily with 2 ships..

I find it a waste to compare old SM to SMR anyways...SM was almost a totally different style of play.. alliances functioned different, and the universes were significantly bigger..to serve a somewhat bigger playerbase..so it's really quite hard to compare the mining issue.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
RedDragon
Quiet One

Post by RedDragon »

What you are asking Lotus is for an alliance to not play at its maximum - would you hunt without shields or a weapon. Mines are part of the tactics most alliances choose. If you want to get rid of huge minefields - get rid of the tactical need for them by:
Plan the map so you don't need to mine frequently used passages
Redesign planets - atm the major defense is the fleet not that planet - even at lvl 70. Planets are acting just like mines - something to slow down oping fleets. If you can put near 30 wb ships on a lvl 70 there is very little chance of you loosing the battle.
Make them cost more
Offer some other way to provent transport into planet galaxies