Mines - The END.....

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Anarchos
Quiet One

Post by Anarchos »

I agree with Omega Renegade.

Other than my other suggestions: I also will throw out this for discussion:

WQ fed sells Cloaks but also other shops out there sell cloaks and only cloaks.... So Ik'thorne sell CD's so why can't other shops out there only sell CD's besides CA's?

As far as scout drones go, even though I hate them personally, how about a seperate shop for them as well?

If we take the number of CA's in game which are currently 4 and instead of a CA shop we have 4 mine shops, 4 scout drone shops and 4 combat drone shops (only putting the mine shops in Neutral galaxies and putting the other shops eleswhere) should create what?

More areas that need mined? More turns that alliance miners will need or more miners for an alliance? More areas where someone could get outfitted at? More turns they need to outfit with?

Or besides the 4 CA's which sells all these forces, how about additional seperate shops for each individual item except mines?

This would allow more areas where a person could get outfitted at least partially (unless their ship has mines) at.

Just ideas, feel free to tear these apart (I don't feel passionate about these ideas, they are just ideas :) ).
...Tag Line Not Included...
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Well we can tell who's in the major alliances and who isn't personaly, i just take mine fields in stride.. if i get stuck in one, my alliance m8'z will bail me out, other wise its no secret who is where, and what is mined.. so AVOID those sectors..

Most of the warps from/to racials arn't usualy mined alot, i can make it from nij to clacher to tang without hitting a stack of more than 20 mines.

SO STOP YOUR WHINING, SUCK IT UP AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE!
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

To all those complaining how reducing cash will hurt the little guys, but not the major alliances, I have made multiple suggestion designed to take the resources away from the major players whilst leaving the poor downtrodden masses untouched or even better off: http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=4500

As for the minefields:
1) Buy a scanner

2) Learn how to use a scanner

3) Learn how to use local map

4) Use your scanner

5) Use your scanner again.

6) Avoid heavily mined areas!!!
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

It has already been said before, limit port raid cash and limit cash output to 8x or 10x or whatever, those are the simplest solutions that coupled with smart galaxy design can help the game.

Newbs do not port raid lvl 9 ports for cash, so limiting Port Raid cash (50 mil I suggested a long time) wont affect them.

Newbs do not make 20x uber routes, so limiting the cash output to 8x or 10x wont affect them.

Port Raids and Uber routes are what top alliances do that newbs and small alliances do not, therefor in my mind they are the best things to target in reducing cash.

Ard you have alot of good suggestions in the other thread, I just think the best solution is probably the simplest one and the one most likely to ever happen (other than the drone formula not much has been changed for a long while).

A side affect of taking uber routes out of the game is that it may not be as easy for an alliance to have their traders trading within the protection of their minefield. You might see more traders from the top alliances trading in unprotected areas, becoming targets. The only negative aspect I can think of at the moment is the aspect of targeting your enemies revenue source, you take out their big port you criple their income. Adds a target other than planets.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

Ardbeg, Big alliances should not be mining where they are now. a couple times I could not move in Tangeria cause of LOM mines. people are single mining everything, not even laying scouts. They are mining major locations, at one point, all 4 ca's were mined. The hhg has been mined. The ppl has been mined.

Avoid heavily mined areas... Well your mentality leads you to mine the heavily traveled areas. The big alliances want to carve out part of the neutral for themselves and thats not right. YOu cant just say "avoid heavily mined areas" when your mining some valueable location. people need to get to it and your depriving them of it. You want them to compete with you when they are outguned with weaker gear. Then you want to claim you won.

Listen to what omega says, hes hiting this thing right on the ball. You do not see how bad it is because you are the ones doing it. LOM, REINC, NSB, Crusaders All mine neutrals unjustly and need to stop.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Who are you to tell me where I can & cannot mine?! If an area is heavily travelled, then the minefields are more work to maintain, and if we want to commit those resources, that is our prerogative. If you don't like the mines, clear em! Buy a Fed ship, racial or a BC and some torp launchers and start hammering away at them. If it's a large and/or patrolled minefield take some friends with you. If you don't have money, then ask another major alliance to fund you. Make constructive suggestions as to how to change this without ruining game balance or the ability to effectively defend territory. Take your escape pods and suicide into the damn things with all your turns for all I care - but for goodness sake do something other than this incessant whining!!!!!!
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

What if no big alliance funds you?
What if every time you try theres big ships chasing your cara?
Hows it going to go clearing with crap weapons?
Take your escape pods and suicide into the damn things with all your turns for all I care
Let me lay this out some...
What would do if you were ;) about something say mines, cause youve tried the last 4 times youve had lots of turns to arm, goto ca, unsucessfully, got nothing done, and you alliance members start telling you there quiting cause they are fed up with the mines and the same stuff.

I would stick my neck out there and let everyone know theres a problem. And you and everyone else just dismissing it as whining, is a great example of how blind we are! and why the playerbase is diminishing!
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

I went to buy BDTL's in Clacher today, and gained a nice little chunk of xp clearing NSB forces in the process - yes, it cost me a pile of turns, but I got my wepps and cost them cash & mining turns. It's called playing the game - you should try it some time, it's fun.......
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

I can pretty much guarantee that you will always be able to find someone willing to fund mineclearing ops against the big boys as long as you don't steal or waste what they pay you.......
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Shady_FA- »

I'll fund you guys.