Mines - The END.....

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
LotuS
Beta Tester

Mines - The END.....

Post by LotuS »

Well I have come to the conclusion that after several games, The major alliances have all followed Death Controls lead and all try to mine the entire game, all game. And quite frankly, Its ;) me off. I cant goto CA, I cant arm, I cant goto UG, I cant go anywhere without hitting mass singles, let alone the random 50 stacks. The Major powers in this game seem to think its acceptable to just Mine Neutral galaxies that connect everyone to everything, so no one but them can use them. You need a dang fleet to clear some of these warps.

So I am throwing in the towel at least till next game unless this mining of everything STOPS. Cause after 3 attempts to arm using 400+ turns in my cara, and not suceeding, Hiting mass minefields in over 4 galaxies(none planetary), I am ;) to the point I want to stop playing. And FYI i havent stoped playing since I got to SMR mid way through NG3.

The Admins arentg going to stop this. Only you leaders can.

p.s. someone let me know when the mines are gone. ty
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

Why don't you try not arming with the best weapons?

Or is it that you want to have the best weapons in the same way that some alliances want to have minefields?

They're both forms of protection.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

The mines won't go away, but the whines definitely should.

My alliance has mined off a certain area for ourselves...not a whole galaxy -- not even close -- but probably a couple dozen sectors in a neutral galaxy that are important to us. I'm guessing a few other alliances have done the same. But this round has NOTHING like the mined galaxy we saw last time, so stop acting like it's the same cause it's not.

Word: When you travel around the galaxies carry your Visa card cause it works everywhere AND expect to hit some mines.

If you don't like the mines, or need to get somewhere and can't, ORGANIZE yourselves and do something about it.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Same as HK basically. Good weapons are still available if you tread lightly. Otherwis I suggest getting weps once and for all and sleep somewhere else than fed.
Zedread
Beta Tester

Post by Zedread »

Allways the same ppl here posting. Sorry but i have to say this BUNCH OF MORRONS. Want to ban me? Go ahead but lotus is DAMN RIGHT OK? Do you think its funny not to be able to get PPL? or NUKE or HHG? What if you make part of that 70% of game players that don't belong to a top alliance? What is your goal here? Serve has hunt to the top alliances? is that it? Now HK Grey and all others open you freaking eyes see what is happening to the game ok? AND NO YOU CANNOT SAY THAT OTHERS CAN GO CLEAR THE MINEFIELD, THE SMALL ALLIANCES DON'T HAVE THE ACTIVITY NEEDED FOR IT. Why don't you ppl just mine the damn planet galaxy and that galaxy only? Admins remove the damn locations from that galaxies(planetary) so these ppl can mine all they want. In all alliances i've been i allways was against this type of action.... Now some ppl should stop thinking by themselfs like THIS AIN'T YOUR GAME OK? and should think in the game has a whole bunch of players that you didn't even see...
Zedread
Beta Tester

Post by Zedread »

1 More its WAY FUN to be a nijarin for example and not being able to buy a DC because its stucks in a 20 sectors minefield. So fun that this is :) I've a big alliance and now this galaxy is mine. I've all the weapons and big ships for me. I'm so powerfull. Others not having fun? Bah who cares i'm having loads of fun.

Really this must be how some ppl must fell so they keep supporting this kind of action... Mines are need but not to lock down neutrals got it ppl? mine your planet galaxy, mine the warp to your planet galaxy. BUT DON'T LOCK THE FUN OF THE GAME. Just a small math for you guys:
Top All
Reinc - 30
EPIC - 30
Crusa - 30
NSB - 30
LB - 30

how many players are here? i will tell you ppl 150....
now another interesting thing -> You are ranked 89 out of 674
WOW there is + 500 ppl besides the ones in these alliances. But lets just make this game for the 150 ppl. Lets not let the others play.
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Those 5 alliances have not agreed to mine everybody else out and you can rest assured that they are not leaving each other's minefields alone.

Now I don't know much about the state of mining outside my own field of interest but I do know that if you scan around a little and avoid the most obvious places that would hold mines (planet gal warps) you can get to good weapon setups pretty easily. I am not to blame if you can't figure out how to go around a mine field instead of pushing through on the direct plot. I know which setup Lotus goes for and I know he can get them without hitting a single mine if he wanted - yeah he couldn't that night where Reinc busted Crus last time because we made damn sure to drop as many singles as we could. But any other time should be fine.

Being Nij may suck but you chose that. Also there are other good neutral ships than DC.

Don't blame me. Blame the internet :p
Zedread
Beta Tester

Post by Zedread »

well once again you didn't understand nothing of my post. Forget lotus damn it. How about the others players like the 500 that aren't in a top alliance?

You want new players to the game? Or do you want more hunt for you? It seems you don't want new players but you do want hunt, these newbies are like rabbits in an hunting season run for you life and pray.

My alliance has only mines near our planetary warp, and the pings i got from newbies i told them what sectors to avoid and redirected them to what they wanted...

Bottom point and most important one:
This is a free game and you don't win anything while playing it. So ppl play for fun, take their fun out and they will leave the game. This is very simple and try to undestand this once for all...
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I know that the HHG is not mined in, there are mines in that galaxy "so becareful". You can get the big mom and the lpl in the Human galaxy. Two or three games ago no one could get the HHG because it was mined in. But I do agree mines should be keep in planet galaxys, but the only way anyone is going to see that is if they code it so that you can only put them in those galaxys.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

mines are a legitimate defense, singles in neutral galaxies are a legitimate way to burn enemy turns if an alliance is willing to put the time & effort into laying & refreshing them.

Go around the mines, plot using UNO's as stepping stones, use different wepps, do some clearing with your friends, work with a major alliance to clear their enemies, cut a deal with mine owners where you pay them to be guided through.

Try all or none of the above, but stop whining about people using legitimate and effective defense tactics!!!