I'm so done...

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

In regards to your "is it worth it". If we do not find a fix to this problem, then it will be exploited, and in the long run, it will cause more headaches than is needed
Zoidy

Post by Zoidy »

For the type of game like SMR is very difficult to do some security! I played some games before and now and the only game that showed some security was Omerta and there Char images to read the text and put the text in some input box. But for SMR it's not this kind of security measure that will result...cus people will be bored! I was bored with Omerta to after 100 hours of gaming...

But It will be nice to know that SMR is the first to invent some "bullet-proof" security measure, that way this kind of threads will disapper! :)

If you want to know more about what I was talking about, just send me some PM in game (Zoidberg), cus I'm not used to read the forum! It's the first time in 7 games that I'm here! :)
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

i think it's impossible to make anything bullet-proof that is online, i don't think, I know it is...
Zoidy

Post by Zoidy »

That my point! thanks for the understanding
Anarchos
Quiet One

Post by Anarchos »

I agree with Kuwl on this subject... and lots of people are asking me to stick around, so now I'm not heavily leaning towards leaving, I'm only leaning. So you guys have till the end of my stint as newbie trainer in the game to fully convince me. :)

Regardless of what I just spent a half a moment typing then blanked out (it was an example of a bot from Yankee Trader an older game much like SMR...) let me reitirate what I posted on the Flame board:

Do not accuse others of cheating, it might be the other player is cheating but in all probability isn't... when you report to the admins, I'm sure they'd appreciate it if you explained what happened and asked them to look into it when they have the time and let it go at that...

It isn't any player's job to ruin another's reputation or to label anyone else as a cheater, that's up to the administrators and the actions of the player in question.
...Tag Line Not Included...
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

i dont think u should leave, be it u were killed by a script or not, i always think to myself, hey if people are using them then they are just losers and i can sleep at night knowning that im not gonna stoop to their level.
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

ana isnt leaving. On the subject of the scripts so far all we have are rumors about attack scripts now if someone were to tell us i think such and such is using a script we could find out we need names i have already had few people say stuff and i have proven that a few people are just fast...sometimes. And if we find the script and know how it works we can change the coding to make it so it doesnt.
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
Anarchos
Quiet One

Post by Anarchos »

I might leave.... in case people missed it: These reasons I gave pointed to a mentality that is frustrasting to me,

on one hand we have people making articulate well thought out discourses to which we get replies (not just in cloaks but elsewhere as well) of: If the alliance cap changes to 20, I'm leaving! (no explanation); this idea sucks; are the supporters of this idea all stupid?; etc. etc.

~ Immature replies speaking from a more emotional standpoint than an intellectual one.

On the other hand we have people claiming to have seen scripts that may or may not violate the rules but definitely give an advantage to certain alliances etc.... over half of these scripts I've seen were built specifically to give the extra edge to the players using them (as oppossed to help train new people or to test bugs in the coding etc.) ~ Which this points to an immature attitude that tells others that it's okay to look for what's easier to use all the time... (such as it's easier to beat the other cross country track team if you hide a dirtbike out in the woods and take the other trails)....

Anybody here ever play Diablo I on multi-player???? If so then you've run into first level characters carrying legendary armor, weapons, equipment, maximum attributes and cash etc... from other players who thought it'd be easier to beat the game this way (I ran into ten of these types of characters across 6 multi-player servers befoe I stopped playing the game as a multi-player... it wasn't fun being in that environment).

Ever play Baldur's Gate II???? Well I ran into the bug where the lich in the seweres would not die no matter what... so I downloaded the fix for it, which was a cheat code to instantly kill it, the site I got the fix from had tons of cheat codes and I undid the fix to the .ini file, finished the game then stopped playing, despite having the expansion pack, the ability to restart as a different race and class and alignment etc and the different choices I could have made.... The game wasn't fun anymore and curiosity alone made me finish it.

Thus the extra scripts remark which included SMC and MGU and other third party scripts which may or may not be cheating (on an individual basis)... I know many of you think it'd be neat to run cross-country track in a park with a dirtbike and out of sight of the judges to disqualify you... but where is the sportsmanship????

This is what is upsetting to me.
Anarchos
Quiet One

Post by Anarchos »

IN the Baldur's Gate II game, the lich was suppossed to have a total of a little under 200 hundred hitpoints or something... I used summoned creatures initially to have it waste all of it's spells, told my party to attack it (party kept doing an average of 590 points of damage every 2 minutes or so) walked away from my computer and came back a half an hour later... then looking it up I found out it was a bug, and the instant kill thing might kill it.
Zedread
Beta Tester

Post by Zedread »

Bots? I would like to meet the guy who has the patient to develop a full working bot that is smart. Programming a SMR with IA is a big task if not HUGE.

For scripts well they can be done quite easily, but if you're gonna acuse someone then prove your acusation. Take screen shoots of the person stat page, take note of the server time... Several stuff you can do. Give that info to Spock or Azool and they can surely check the DB. If there is no log being generated i'm sure they will track the future actions of that trader.

And saying i was killed in less then 1 sec is not valid.