The AS decision

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Goey
Quiet One

Post by Goey »

WE ALREADY SAID BOOTING AND KILLING REGARDLESS OF THE CASE IS NOW NOT KOOL!
Mostly Harmless - The Dogs of War - Mutts of Mayhem - P.O.D Squad - Faded Image - Death Control - E.P.I.C - The DawnRazors - Lords of Melnibone - Adult Swim - System Failure - Haste - Were so Donezo
Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

Thennian wrote:Now i pose a question..what if u accidently let a spy or a theif in your alliance and he raided ur AA of the 200mil u had stashed in it. The alliance leader notices this and boots the player (knowing for some reason he had the cash on him) and then podded him...would everyone ask that the money be deleted then?
The answer is quite simple. A theif would not stay in the alliance after he grabbed the cash. He would also either place it in his personal account and or an anon account, therefor making your question null and void.
Cuda
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Cuda »

Not to play devils advocate here, but aren't thiefs considered part of the game? Thus booting and killing a thief is considered an arranged kill since you are going around the mechanics of the game?

Just a thought.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

we're getting off topic again, please address the real situation on the table

(thieves are part of the game, but so is podding the little bastards)
Cuda
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Cuda »

Ardbeg wrote:we're getting off topic again, please address the real situation on the table

(thieves are part of the game, but so is podding the little bastards)

Its relevant. thieves are parting the game, why is it not considered an arranged kill to take them out and take the money? Or should it be?
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Ok, we'll give back the cash when:

1) All exp and cash rein has earned from slave trading is removed
2) All cash resulting from bonds on that slave trading cash is also removed
3) All players involved in rein's slave trading recieve bans for cheating and unbalancing the game
4) Sterling also recieves a ban, being the leader of the alliance

Until that happens, 8O and stop trying to get every possible benifit you can ardbeg, its really sickening that you guys feel the need to blow the whistle on every single thing you feel does you injustice, this game is not about you, the admins arent here to make sure you guys get what you want all the time, esp when you guys are guilty of cheating as well.
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

EstoyLoco
Admin Emeritus

Post by EstoyLoco »

(i didn't read whole thread but here's my thoughs)

I think Ardbeg is veteran enough to know kicking a player open space and killing him to prevent him from giving money away always been a common way in SM. Not done in SMR yet .. i guess its a first.. I've been killed in KoTh when i wuz a top Exper cauz someone uncloaked me when i wuz #2 in XP.. before someone kills me and grabs my $, KAOS kicked me and took my money safe.

anyway Arrange kill ... Arranged mean an agreement by 2 party... I doubt it wuz the case in here

The point that.. if a we bring the event as a generality, will it lead to an unbalance or an advantage for the party doing the actions.

I think that if alliance leaders feel like kicking and killing their players, there is nothing wrong with that... Backstabs are part of the game, as stealing a planet from the alliance is part of the game. Guessing the password of a planet and taking ownership is not ehticly ok, but its legal! Yeah its a way of cheating but its part of the game. AS woulda been way better guarding the player for X amount of time and saving a DC... and his XP etc. Repeating that action as a generaility will lead to the death of the alliance..

I think in that case, the ethic is not nice.. but a leader kicking a player from alliance and another killing him is not something arranged.. or agreed.. It is the decision from a leader, if he thinks the best for is alliance is getting all the players suicide on ports.. its up to him? Will it be cheating?

Is players leaving their alliance to go give maps to another alliance is cheating?? As the game didn't meant to plan it that way? There is a share map option in alliance why a player would leave to go give it to another alliance.. If Admins woulda want a player to give maps to another not in alliance, they woulda implent that option.. If its not.. then its going around the game features.. no?

Just to show you all another point of view of seeing all of this :)

I dont agree with all what i said.. i want to make ppl realise few stuff :p

Estoy
Vober
Beta Tester

Post by Vober »

I know I said I was done here, but

Yippie OR,
Yippie Estoy
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I think Blum did a fair and unbiased decision on the AS matter. I don't agree 100% with it, but I feel he looked at everything, then made his ruling. The chances of something like this to happen again is remote, PR, lose connection, get money. But there are times that you should be able to kill an alliance member. I could go into detail if you want but not sure if it would do any good. I think taking away the leaders power to boot and kill a member that he feels has done harm to the alliance isn't right. If you remember when we were posting about alliance leaders having power over all the planets in the alliance I was against it because I didn't want to give that much power to the leader. But at the same time I don't want to take any power away from him ether. So even those I feel the matter on AS is done, this has left a lot unsaid about when a leader can boot and pod a member.
Stabar
Quiet One

Post by Stabar »

can't we make ego bannable... oh wait that would ban 70% of the people who posted on this draad