Is the current game decaying?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Is the current game decaying?

Post by Grey »

Maybe it's just me but it seems the activity level has dropped off. Maybe games should be shorter?
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Volrath »

well, this seems to happen every game...
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

Currently in Veil of Avalon
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Which would be why we should cut them a few weeks shorter.
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Volrath »

well, i think it wouldn't hurt... the most exciting time of game is always the beggining. if we shorten the games, we'll multiply these times, maybe get the game even more exciting for everybody, more players happy, helps the community, etc, etc...
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

Currently in Veil of Avalon
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

I've often wondered if we could have short--1 month games with higher speeds. It would increase activity--planets would never get to level 70(maybe get lvl 70, but then the game would end pretty much). IT seems once planets are lvl 70, game dies
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

I tend to agree, maybe not faster games, but shorter
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Not to much shorter. I send money before each game, but if games are shorten to much?
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

what I meant was a shorter, smaller galaxy. Maybe up turns a little... 1-2 month long games, small galaxies (a little smaller than our currently Gal layout) might be pretty fun. Once the game starts to get dull ( 2nd month) then a new game would start...
Vober
Beta Tester

Post by Vober »

Kuwl wrote:what I meant was a shorter, smaller galaxy. Maybe up turns a little... 1-2 month long games, small galaxies (a little smaller than our currently Gal layout) might be pretty fun. Once the game starts to get dull ( 2nd month) then a new game would start...
Agreed. End games normally come down to massive mine feilds and dozens of level 70s. You have to get massive ops to do anything and its not toooo great.. (i stilll like it though ;) )

So yeah, take a little time off :)
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

I realise it's probably out of the question but I've always enjoyed the idea of more then 1 game at a time.. would keep peoples overall activity and interest around more.. They would have more turns to play around with and even differnet things..trade in one game and hunt in the other..or whatever..Could have like a 4 month game and a 6 week - 8 week game..
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.