Uhm.. traders had a tuff life or something?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Zedread
Beta Tester

Post by Zedread »

Game is huge loads of sectors and game after game less players. Still the admins think its a good decision to remove things that help to narrow the 3600 sectors of the game. What will happen in a few months i believe its the fact that only traders are going to play the game, 150 active traders playing the game the others have left because admins removed their fun.

Go talk to several ex players and they will say this to you:
I will never return to smr, the game is dead its full of bugs and the new changes messed up the game hard there is no fun in it anymore..

More then 1 person told me this, way more then 1. But like in the past i know this warning will not open your eyes maybe when you're in the CPL alone you might think hmmmm this game is really dead...

On the side note we had toons of good players quitting when the CPL exp delay was implemented, and now we are at 350 players... Good work.

<B.O.B.> Filtered words removed.
Vober
Beta Tester

Post by Vober »

You guys convinced me.

I am going to make a program that hunters can use.

They will automatically get the location of everyone trading, then when they come IS with a weaker ship, it will automatically fire every .05 seconds until the trader is dead. Furthermore, the program will drop 1 mine and cause massive lag for the trader so they cannot run.
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

Vober wrote:You guys convinced me.

I am going to make a program that hunters can use.

They will automatically get the location of everyone trading, then when they come IS with a weaker ship, it will automatically fire every .05 seconds until the trader is dead. Furthermore, the program will drop 1 mine and cause massive lag for the trader so they cannot run.
Here we go again... Making stupid posts that are not relevant to this thread.
*quotes another 5 posts here too*

Anyways, TSLD was not intended for hunting purposes (as whoever mentioned before). SMC hunting was to be done away with. The funny thing is, it wasn't done away! All it took was a few "smart" people to find a loophole into using SMC, and walah! SMC is back! Now that TUSLD is gone, *whine whine whine*. Do you want SMC hunting gone or not? That is my question. The 2 minute delay was to stop the SMC hunting, not encourage it. I agree, It will be harder to hunt without knowing the exact routes, and yes, I agree, 3600 sectos for 300 active people is a little much. I've said it over and over, we need to cut sectors in half to increase the involvement of players (the closer people are together, more interaction).

Anyways, since most of you are griping about TUSLD being taken out (SMC hunting), lets just ask spock to take the 2 minute delay off of the CPL BUT keep the delay on TUSLD. This way, everyone can still use SMC to hunt with. And I guess you're right shady, all you need is a calculator, and a seemingly good knowledge of what base exp's are for all the ships to be able to use CPL hunting, BUT, one only needs to f5 the stats page, count turns, watch goods trade, then count turns, then just go look at SMC, find route of #x, go to route, kill or miss trader, curse or have a party, end of story. By using CPL, at least people have to do a little more "guess" work (base experience) and a little more calculating. Granted, copy/paste into a spreadsheet is just as easy... it ALL is still SMC hunting.

This is off topic for this thread, by why don't we ask spock/azool to fix the current bugs in this game, possibly impliment the "draft" game, and other good ideas we've had, then work on SMR2. Right now, SMR2 is probably 4-5 months off for just the "alpha"-beta test. Then it will move to open beta test, then live. It could be a year or more for that to happen.
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

SMC hunting isn't gone because you get rid of TSLD. Look at my earlier post.

Actually you did me a favor because now the traders don't know if I'm moving or not when I rush to them - after tracking them the way I always have: Exp changes.
axisofunity
Beta Tester

Post by axisofunity »

I do find it stupid that ideas that 100% of the players like are never implemented and admins never comment on them.

Draft game woud've been so cool

This game is dying slowly.... I mean come on, I trade on the only WQ 6X and so far I've not yet been shot, and although I've seen 3 hunters, they've been unable to get me.

What a challenge for me.

Yeah I'll die eventually, but how many more 200 turn trade runs for 20mins on a packed CPL will it take? Will I get bored by then and take a break?

Hmmmm... who knows.

Let's do something interesting. Admins can create new games, get that Draft Game Working

see my post on it.
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

Draft game is a good idea. Of course, it would require a certain amount of coding, so I am pretty sure it's below SMR2 on Spock's todo list. Same probably goes for a number of other good ideas. Alliance size is a lot easier to change so it was changed fast.
axisofunity
Beta Tester

Post by axisofunity »

Blum wrote:Draft game is a good idea. Of course, it would require a certain amount of coding, so I am pretty sure it's below SMR2 on Spock's todo list. Same probably goes for a number of other good ideas. Alliance size is a lot easier to change so it was changed fast.
No coding needed. See my post on it.
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

i know people complained that there is too much money floating around in the game...well u just made it easier to make more money by making it harder to hunt traders
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Ok I read all the posts and the opinions. I want to tell you outright I have been pushing this issue a long time. There is no reason stats should be there and it is a total loophole. There is no reason someone should be able to f5 there way to your planet, knowledge of routes, when you just leave CA and know what ship you have from forces bought. If you have to hunt like that, then you are just lame and need to really LEARN how to hunt.

Furthermore, what happened to the scouting of this game. That was half the fun of older SM was to scout, see where they land, find their routes (Btw all you have to do later in the game is rebuy maps, and voila you have their manmade routes). This was a very easy change, and Spock is very busy and has his own issues to deal with. He obviously felt this pressing because it is not how the game was intended to be played. Honestly why should you be able to scout anyone in the game without even using ONE turn!?

Btw, the other things will happen in time, and if you quit nagging for a few minutes, maybe you would see things are for the better now.

Also, I agree I think galaxy size should be cut in half and let players just go at it and see what happens. I love fast paced small games where traders and hunters just trip over each other because they have no other option, but I also believe hunters should earn those kills.

So if you want to blame anyone, blame long winded Jester like everyone else does, because I wanted this more than anyone in the game.

-Jester
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

I totally agree with Jester i mean i have seen a few hunters in person use this stat and i think it is a cheap way to get kills. I mean this is HUNTING not TRACKING. :wink: