Uhm.. traders had a tuff life or something?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
castel
Quiet One

Uhm.. traders had a tuff life or something?

Post by castel »

xxx has approximately used xxx turns since his/her last death.
This is my new guide to track ppl? Like it was too easy to find the matching x3 or x4 route? Imo, traders have enough benefit as it is, you don't see any hunter in top 10 in the end of the game right? So why make it harder on the hunters? And have i missed the thread on why this is implemented too or something? /me goes off to buy scouts :-(
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Uhm.. traders had a tuff life or something?

Post by Volrath »

castel wrote:...you don't see any hunter in top 10 in the end of the game right? ...
well, you don't see any trader in the top 10 kills either... :D
Last edited by Volrath on Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

Currently in Veil of Avalon
castel
Quiet One

Post by castel »

funny man, there should be 2 methods to gain xp imo, hunting or trading. so again, imo, your post makes no sence
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Well it was decided (I guess?) that SMC hunting wasn't desired so the cpl had a 2 minutes delay on exp changes. However there have been a few ways around that, one being TSLD stats. I guess if one shouldn't be allowed the rest shouldn't either.

However you still need to consider the racial rankings stats - that's how I've tracked most of my kills this game.
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

TUSLD was used more than just hunting. It was used to find where sitters were located (planets), found where warp routes were, etc.
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Volrath »

ya, when they first tried to stop smc hunting, people got ways around it, for instance the racial rankings and HoF stats. Everygame some new method appears to counter the code changes regarding this subject. If smc hunting is to be disabled, they should try to do it completely.

now, regarding the exp issue, in my opinion, a hunter should never gain as much exp as a trader.
A hunter can kill 5 guys everyday in 5 sector radius, using barely any turns, while a trader has to risk beeing podded everytime he goes out there and he has to use all his turns wisely if he wants to keep in top 10. Probably the hunter would still have made more exp than the trader in this case...

as it is right now, if a hunter gets 2-3 good kills everyday, there's no way a trader can pass him in exp... why would we (the game) need tools to tell the hunters where every trader is, just after a few runs?...
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

TSLD hasn't been fixed for current game stats - only overall stats.
Last edited by Ardbeg on Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mouse
Quiet One

Post by Mouse »

Spock made the change this morning. I just have not gotten on to post about it until now.
Retired Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team Retired
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Volrath »

Kuwl wrote:TUSLD was used more than just hunting. It was used to find where sitters were located (planets), found where warp routes were, etc.
this is a downside though...

Mouse
Quiet One

Post by Mouse »

I made note of the discrepancy to Spock. Will update as soon as I hear any changes.

Just my opinion, but that's kind of a cheap way to be hunting in the first place. back in the day, you had to have something called 'skill' to hunt successfully :twisted:
Retired Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team Retired