Wife Swap

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Thennian is correct in that we never worked with LB this round, anything else is speculation and coincidence.

What's this all about anyways? What's the big deal if some players go to another team to play? Everyone wants a piece of the action when it's going on and it isn't always going on in their current alliance. Some alliances don't care who they play with, just need players. It don't mean anything.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

Jester- wrote:You gotta be kidding me. You LB kids are whining non stop cause we have 1-2 TG ships help us clear before 2 ops. When you have crusaders and yourselves clearing us daily for a month and crus hitting two level 70s you hitting our ports and bonders in the same week. I find this as a great coincidence. Then you come crying about 1-2 TG? If you can't take the heat get out of the damn kitchen.
1-2 tg ships? i seem to remember watching 1-3 Hadeslady, Bob and 1 other joining with 7tg members to clear out LB. So crusaders mustered up 10 people as well only to see TG tuck their tails between their legs and run off scared.
Souldiver
Quiet One
Location: orig. Hannover, Germany - now Chicago, IL, USA (go BEARS)

Post by Souldiver »

Jester- wrote:[...] You LB kids are whining non stop cause we have 1-2 TG ships help us clear before 2 ops. [...]
err ... no, in fact we're not ~lol~ ... we're just remining and that's it - we can play that as long as you (they) want as far as i'm concerned, be sure ...
Jester- wrote:[...]When you have crusaders and yourselves clearing us daily for a month and crus hitting two level 70s you hitting our ports and bonders in the same week.[...]
~lol~ ... this REALLY makes me laugh ... you wanna know why ?! we were exactly 2 (!) times over @ your house (afaik) ... first time you grouped up with TG to kill us (after you on your own failed to do that), the second time we killed your port and a bonder cause we thought it might make you sad ... ;)

if that is "clearing daily" i don't really know what we have over here ... btw, we bought about 80k mines so far, how about you ... :?:
Jester- wrote:[...]I find this as a great coincidence.[...]
yes it really was ! in fact we ourselves got killed @ CA by some crus right AFTER they were done busting you guys (cause they did what we planned and our ppl could not stay inside or even shut their mouths in globals - which is another story ~lol~) ...
Jester- wrote:[...]You whine that we don't hit a planet, then you whine when we do hit one and it's all our own fleet.[...]
hmmm, as far as i remember it was you, your training team and at least one player that was solo almost all game but well, knowing about your sense of "teamplay" that is likely "all your own fleet", what can i say (besides that i congratulated on the bust itself in my initial thread, right ?!)
Jester- wrote:[...]And when have i EVER Mentioned caring about what others think, or about "praise" as you call it. I'm playing the game how I want to play it.[...]
yea, that's a prob of this "community" ... ppl don't care what others think ... and if they do think about it, then only what "their cool friends" might say about it ... this lack of understanding and amount of selfishness plus the lack of any ingame ethics is what makes this game go downhill if you ask me, nothing else ... and you show that imo
Jester- wrote:[...]I didn't say praise SF or even respect us.[...]
that's fine cause i will most likely not until i see something that deserves it ... oh, wait, there is something: training newer players in busting a lvl 70 is really great imo (cause no other team did something like that) ... so my respect for that !
Jester- wrote:[...]All I said was there was nothing wrong in what we did, and they didn't even help us that much. If you try to say that TG FU's clearing two into your galaxy really effected us busting a planet, you're sadly mistaken.[...]
well, you're right - there's nothing wrong with it concerning the rules of the game, for sure not ... the point i tried to bring up is to make ppl think about wether it is right to work with others who constantly kill ppl of YOUR team just to get

a) something done you could not do alone

or

b) some easy kills

or not (which i usually call "ingame ethics") ... you think something like that is fine - i say it's bullcr** ... guess it's up everyone to come to a decision about that on his / her own.
Jester- wrote:[...]So keep whining and complaining and it will keep falling on deaf ears.[...]
unfortunately this is not only a problem of "deaf ears" but well, guess to discuss that won't really help, so i just let it be ... ;)
Trigek wrote:Souldiver you should take it as a complement, if SF needs TG help to fight you it probably means that LB>SF.
~lol~ ... yea, i'll keep that in mind trig ... ;)
Dragone wrote:Thats how it usually goes. When someone offers you free pods, what are you gonna do? Turn away and say no? Its not against the rules nor is it dishonorable as long as both parties know what they are getting into.
well, depends on WHO is offering ... if the offer comes from ppl that constantly hunt & kill my team or just from someone who is "indisputable" by alliance decision, then i will say no for sure, yes ... somehow i (we) are an exception though ... it's not against any rules, no doubt ... for me it's more something about "role-playing" (if you can even talk about something like that in here) and "ingame-ethics" (which obviously don't exist for a lot of ppl)
Harry Krishna wrote:Everyone wants a piece of the action when it's going on and it isn't always going on in their current alliance. Some alliances don't care who they play with, just need players. It don't mean anything.
well harry, i just have another opinion about that - it does mean something !

if there's not 'nuff action, then you maybe you should think about generating more of that with YOUR team, don't you think so ?! if you can't do that (but still want it), then you should maybe think about changing the team, maybe THAT would help, right ?!

more REAL teams that generate REAL (inter)action would add a lot to the game ... and it would in fact help to intigrate newer players cause the teams would just have to get them in and train them to achieve their goals (as LB btw always does).

sure it's not as easy as just taking a few experienced players temporarily but in the long run, that would be the better way imo.

for sure all this is not the prob of those "alliance hoppers" (cause they usually look for easy kills only anyways and usually don't really care what others think as long as they can pimp their statistics) ... but if you ask me, each REAL team should just refuse to do such stuff to avoid losing it's "creditability" ... unfortunately nobody seems interested in that which shows a lot about the ppl that are playing this game ...
Hate wrote:
Jester- wrote:You gotta be kidding me. You LB kids are whining non stop cause we have 1-2 TG ships help us clear before 2 ops.[...]
1-2 tg ships? i seem to remember watching 1-3 Hadeslady, Bob and 1 other joining with 7tg members to clear out LB. [...]
well, i remember a lot more than just 1 to 2 TG pings from that night too, but i thought i'd just not talk about it cause he'll deny it anyways ... ;)
Former Leader of *** Northstar ***, The Phoenix Federation (TPF), The Honorable Society (THS) & Legitimate Businessmen, member of Samurais, Space Vikings, CM, Armada, IOM, Ultra Blue, Crusaders - currently retired & living in an unknown parallel universe
DM
Quiet One

Post by DM »

/me thinks Souldiver is Gilgamesh reincarnated.......
:lol:
Souldiver
Quiet One
Location: orig. Hannover, Germany - now Chicago, IL, USA (go BEARS)

Post by Souldiver »

DM wrote:/me thinks Souldiver is Gilgamesh reincarnated.......
well, is that a good thing or something bad ~lol~ ... ?!
Former Leader of *** Northstar ***, The Phoenix Federation (TPF), The Honorable Society (THS) & Legitimate Businessmen, member of Samurais, Space Vikings, CM, Armada, IOM, Ultra Blue, Crusaders - currently retired & living in an unknown parallel universe
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Souldiver wrote:
DM wrote:/me thinks Souldiver is Gilgamesh reincarnated.......
well, is that a good thing or something bad ~lol~ ... ?!
Let's just say that Gilg was a very intelligent player who had some very intelligent points to make, but his contributions were often overlooked by people who were not willing to plow through 3 page posts to find them..........
DM
Quiet One

Post by DM »

Ardbeg wrote:Let's just say that Gilg was a very intelligent player who had some very intelligent points to make, but his contributions were often overlooked by people who were not willing to plow through 3 page posts to find them..........
Couldn't have said it better myself. My reply was, by no means, meant to be disrespectful. It was more of a nostalgic observation.

* Point of reference: Famine in Flames Day 9 - Time Warp (paragraph 3)
Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

Sterling wrote:Put your money where your mouth is.
Hard to do whenever there is equal numbers your team always split.
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Shady_FA- »

This is the dumbest thread I've ever read.
unruly

Post by unruly »

man those long posts kill me too

It's great if ppl want to team up. It was only a suprise the first time...the entire tactic looses it's effectiveness after the first time b/c ppl count you all in the same alliance no matter what banner you fly if they know you'll team up.

I think it was Cheez who said we all have the right to look down on our fellow players. Somehow if you need outside players to accomplish your goals...then they were not good goals :P and the ppl who joined for whatever reason attached themselves to the SF brand name...which may or may not be a source of pride...i dunno.

btw since nobody said it...good job on the lvl 70 bust.
The Waif