Talking to Tom

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Souldiver
Quiet One
Location: orig. Hannover, Germany - now Chicago, IL, USA (go BEARS)

Post by Souldiver »

ich0472 wrote:[...] Some of the players who are blaming Haake for this game slave trading did it several games before and they did worse things [...]
Trigek wrote:What I find odd is that many of the people who brought it up again and are making it an issue now seemingly had no problem with it before.
well, you're so right - unfortunately most ppl in here have either

a) a very bad memory about who did what when

or

b) change their opinions about things how it fits best to what they want when it's needed.

worst about this is, that on this board who yells the most (and may it be as stupid as possible what one says) wins - that has always been a prob in here: a minority of "loud" & bossy ppl determining what is "good" or "bad" in or even for the game
ich0472 wrote:[...] I have to mention that it was a decision form LB, not a personal decision from Haake [...]
yes it was ... and I would do it the same way again - just to pi** off those who always think they're better than all the others (especially when what you do is CLEARLY not against any roule !). besides that, the decision was not only based on catching orca in exp only ... it was also to ensure us of getting our money in (which is hard with groups of TG waiting outside your warp all the time and you playing with ... well ... also not that experienced players to help them learn the game instead of building up a so called "dream team" and just sitting in fed)
ich0472 wrote:[...] The problem was that some hunters were ;) that he traded in our galaxy and for that reason they could not get him [...]

yea, with those guys it's like with little childs - the minute they don't get their wanted toy @ christmas they start to freak out and whine (which culminated in a personal vendetta against LB & especially haake and in the end in him possibly quitting the game cause he's fed up with that and has better things to do in his spare time besides work - yea, HE has a real life unlike some of you) ...
ich0472 wrote:[...] Until 300.000 XP he did it by himself on a regular route [...]
yes he did ... he usually trades high just nobody is realizing / mentioning it cause he's LB & LB sucks, right ?! and even @ that time he got daily insulting msgs from various ppl (some i know for a long time and i'm really disappointed of btw)
ich0472 wrote:[...] Thats a problem of this game. It is not ballanced. U can trade ure ass off and a hunter makes a big kill and get the traders XP from a whole week. [...]
well, i also mentioned that off topic in the "slave trading" thread ... unfortunately the ppl who benefit most from this are also those with the "loudest" (most numerous) voice in these forums - and they usually stick together in the game cause they're soooo cool ... that's why likely never ever something will change on that (and especially this, trigek, is one of the reasons of me usually not posting here, yea, not even reading ... cause for the longest it was just a senseless waste of time that i do not have any more due to RL to try changing things against that wall of self appointed vets that for sure know EVERYTHING in the game better than you do ... and don't say i did not try, i did in the beginning before i got disillusioned by this "community")
ich0472 wrote:[...] From the early beginning Haake got several personal spam msg. But when we begun slave trading these msg increased rapidly and the tone was really rought. He was attacked persanllay almost every day (at least from 3 players). These players are now waving the flags and celebrating their success [...]
yea, that's also something "funny" ... ppl in here are SO fast in telling everyone what great things they did and why they're better than anyone else - unfortunately it's just the other way around if they're wrong (which for sure just doesn't happen at all - that's why i have that impression)
ich0472 wrote:[...] Of cause it was a sucess and that is acceped from all of us [...]
Sterling wrote:Also don't vilify Orca please [...]
well, as i said, technically it was good ... not too new, but well done ... what i think besides that you might know when you read what i said in the well done section (isn't it funny that this "inactive" player became active in clearing us the first time in weeks yesterday - besides changing ship for cloaking orca - when i mentioned that all of that seemed cheezy to me ?!)
ich0472 wrote:[...] Haake is one of the most respectful and relayable players in that game. Many big alliances asked him almost every game to join. Now the name of Haake is couvered with tons of ****. U have destroyed a player. Was that worth it ?!?![...]
yea, haake is imo (or maybe better was) ... and no, it wasn't worth it ... unfortunately the ppl who are responsible are not interested in it ... likely they'll even state that we should "quit whining" and that it was initially our fault (b/c we did something that still IS within EVERY roule of the game)

---

ppl were stating that all this was b/c of "slave trading" ... because "they don't like it" ... because "it is stat padding, abusing a loophole, cheating" or just all of it ...

well, i don't like experienced players group hunting from fed killing everthing that moves - even the newer players ... and i hate it if they state that they would do that "to balance the game" even more (yea, even if you don't believe it, it's something i had to hear) ... so what ?!

i don't like players who don't shoot at planets b/c they don't have the balls or are afraid that they could lose some turns with which they also could kill newbies to boost up the only statistic that counts ... so what ?!

i don't like players who change teams like their underwear or let just everyone into their team, who'd sell their grand mother for just one more easy kill they could make with 10 vs 3 or something (yea, TG killed about 100 SF /SS throughout the game - nevertheless they're OPing almost every day altogether - always against the same opponent btw - a team that plays 100% on his own moneywise with almost the same ppl as from the start on - a pretty sucky team really, that's why they have to team up)... so what ?!

do i whine ?! do i start a vendetta ?! do i write insulting msgs to ppl every day and encourage others to do the same ?! do i spam the public boards that they cheat or something ?! or that they're lame ?!

No I don't !

Why ?! First cause that's just not my style ... and second cause it will not change a thing ! what i will see afterwards will likely make me puke and it'll cost me much more time than i have to waste with a GAME (yea, this is one, remember ?!)

I'm sorry if this sounds pretty negative, but that's how i feel after all that bullcr** i had to see through especially this game ... and i know not everything applies to everyone in here - unfortunately you have to generalize at some point to bring more ppl into the discussion (cause more ppl will feel affected by it that way)

i have such experiences again and again in here ... and it seems, though some of the ppl who are concerned grew up a little meanwhile (/me blinks to sterling), that some things will never change ... and sooner or later haake will not be the only one quitting b/c of that ...
Former Leader of *** Northstar ***, The Phoenix Federation (TPF), The Honorable Society (THS) & Legitimate Businessmen, member of Samurais, Space Vikings, CM, Armada, IOM, Ultra Blue, Crusaders - currently retired & living in an unknown parallel universe
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

This thread has not gotten out of hand yet, and I hope to keep it that way. I would like everyone to restrict their WB posts to positive ideas about how to fix real problems. If you have problems with ingame abuse by specific individuals, please deal with it privately through the admins.
unruly

Post by unruly »

I have positive ideas!!!

First...honey, your post is too long.
Next, is it just me or has Sterling come across as a very rational and mature individual?...I always knew he was. I fear you next game Sterling.
Being positive is what I'm all about and thanks Ardbeg for bringing that home.

Talking to Tom is one of my favorite things to do and I am happy somebody else got the chance. The funny thing is that I am guessing that Tom talked to Sterling after they had a fight ingame. Tom is a very cool cat and is willing to sit down with his enemy and talk as well as his friends.

Haake is a member of this community in good standing and someone that every Legit was proud to help.

Orca is Amazing, focused, and talented.

The messages are very hard to deal with like Sterling stated. It should stop, but not by a fix. We should all grow up and sometimes...that includes me. Personally I'll try not to harrass too much people who bug me. I realize now that it's not productive.

I feel like something meaningful has happened and this is kinda fruity so bear with me. The community has asked LB to be more active in it's forums. Not directly...but it's all right here. I will also try to do that as we certianly have something positive to add to the community. As for you, community: I apologize for not taking better part in the chat or WB. I am trying to remedy that. As for the LB's...well they have been treated unkindly and might not see my weird point. But...if we actually read and sponsored threads here...there might not be such a need to spam us ingame.
The Waif
SOul
Quiet One

Post by SOul »

hehe mike i said he went inactive because i feel that if ur active u should be hunting so he wasnt hunting so hes inactive:)[/quote]
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

unruly wrote: is it just me or has Sterling come across as a very rational and mature individual?...I always knew he was. I fear you next game Sterling.
Sterling has always been cool, he just likes to have fun in the game. Anyway the thread not about him. Sterling did make a suggestion about having an ignore button so you can block a sender. I think he is talking about an ignore list, it’s a place in the messages where you can add players names. If you put a players name in this list if that player or any player within your list sends you a message it deleted as soon as they click the send button.

I like it, its good for the game, by saving server resources and giving some power to the players so they don’t have to put up with the few that has nothing better to do but to harass others.
BooRawl
Quiet One

Post by BooRawl »

Sometime I think people are too competive in this game. They want to be at the top, and will almost do anything to stay there or make believe they are there. I agree with Sterling there should be a ignore button on the game messages for certian people. I for one have a friend I tried teaching this game too, had alot of fun playing the game. Until someone decided they had a right to message the person 20 messages a minute, and they thought they were scout messages. Well they quit the game for along time, and I have too for periods. There are abuses going on with the message system and it would be nice if we got an ignore button... real nice to get an ignore MrX button. Whoever it was very immature, and should be ignored.

I would also like to second that Haake is a good player and a nice guy. It would be nice if the person who is so hurtful could appoligize and realize they are wrong.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Remember though, if you feel you are being unjustly abused via PM's then you can click that little icon in the corner of the message and report the sender..And if it is serious enough they will be punished accordingly
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I don't appreciate you (souldiver) always having negative comments against my alliance. We have not sent you negative messages against haake nor is it the reason we are attacking you. We have an incomplete roster, and many challenges this game as two of the only major alliances were attacking us. So we take in 2-3 TG to help us clear before an op? You talk about teamwork, i think that is a fine use of teamwork. So please, before you call the kettle black, reflect on what you are saying. I don't like the fact that you always talk about us in a bad way when we have done nothing to you but retaliate on your agression.
Souldiver
Quiet One
Location: orig. Hannover, Germany - now Chicago, IL, USA (go BEARS)

Post by Souldiver »

Jester- wrote:I don't appreciate you (souldiver) always having negative comments against my alliance. [...]
you can find my answer here if you feel like it ... just did not want to be off topic again ~lol~

http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?p=62272#62272
Former Leader of *** Northstar ***, The Phoenix Federation (TPF), The Honorable Society (THS) & Legitimate Businessmen, member of Samurais, Space Vikings, CM, Armada, IOM, Ultra Blue, Crusaders - currently retired & living in an unknown parallel universe