How Low Can You Go?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

How Low Can You Go?

Post by Thennian »

Tah is on their lander with SF after being booted for being inactive for a couple of weeks and proceeds to guess password and kill each of htem 1 at a time.

Thats pretty low, backstabbing an alliance that had u in for the last couple of games and this is how u repay them cuz u were bored?
Hobbs
Quiet One

Post by Hobbs »

Tah Murdah was booted for being inactive. We, the members of SF, chose the higher road and chose NOT to kill him and just let him live on our planet.

Apparently, he came back. He guessed the planet password, which was empty, and then he booted each and every one of us, and proceeded to kill us one at a time.

I respected Tah as a player and as a person, but now I cannot say I would trust him with anything.

I've been informed that DragonLancer, Player1, and LawrenceOfArabia were actually involved in convincing Tah to do this. This does not mean that they are responsible. Tah is, as far as I am concerned, being held FULLY responsible for this, and it will be a long time before I EVER play in an alliance with him again. I will treat Player1, DragonLancer, and LawrenceOfArabia in the same way.

I can't speak for all of SF in this, but I'm sure most will agree with me.

I was taught to play by Thorfin Skyrider who was very high on comradery and through him I learned to believe highly in comradery. Jester respects comradery the same, if not more, than Thorfin, and I can't see anyone involved in this being anything more than a speck of dust under my, and probably his, boots.

I will not be quiting, or even limiting my play time because of this, but it disappoints me greatly that people in our player base could do such a thing. I would not even expect something as low as this from one of our more notorious players.

I'm severly dissappoined in all the parties involved, and while I don't believe he broke any rules, I would ask for the highest form of punishment available if he did break any rules.

Like I said, I'm deeply disappointed in the players involved, and I only hope that something this atrocious does not happen again. I would not wish this upon any alliance.

-Hobbs
Last edited by Hobbs on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
What part of lockbox do you not understand!?
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Shady_FA- »

If rules were broken then I'd be 100% with 7 sentences to death. However since there were none, then you guys just have to live with it.

This should be a lesson to constantly change your alliance pw.
DemiGod
Quiet One

Post by DemiGod »

Its nice to see that you freely drag Lotus's name into it without a shred a proof. That's a class act thing to do. FYI He had nothing to do it. I can post Chat logs where lotus is trying to talk and isn't even making sense for like an hour before Tah started it. If he can't even talk, how can he convince Tah to slaughter 7 SF who booted them out of his alliance.
Hobbs
Quiet One

Post by Hobbs »

DemiGod, I'm sorry I was wrong about Lotus. I have edited the involved players. You can rest at ease, I know when to admit I am wrong, I do have moral standards.
What part of lockbox do you not understand!?
TahKillahz
Beta Tester

Post by TahKillahz »

the threads here so i might as well post. i logged on after inactivity for a week and a half to find i was now without an allaince. i also realized i was still on the lvl 70 lander. of course u all kno this means i really cannot play unless i decide i want to suicide to mines or wait for sum1 to be nice enough to let me out. so just messing around i hit the planet password button and just left it blank. sure enough, that was the password. and im sure at this point you all kno what comes next. i do apologize to the community for whatever problems will come from this but whats done is done. i do not believe it was worth it just to get the kills and a few laughs but i cant do anything about that now. do not blame anyone else for what happened. while others may have influenced my decision, i was the one who carried it out. if there is anyone who is to blame it certainly is me. this is by no means reasoning for what i did, but kicking someone from an alliance and leaving them on your lvl 70 with mines surrounding isnt the coolest thing in the world either. u try to say your being nice by "allowing me to live" on your planet? i would rather you kill me so i can actually play the damn game without losing half my xp to mines. but anyway, halfway through i realized how uncool of an idea it was to have done and then suicided to their ships with all the money i got from doing it. but regardless of that, im not sure it breaks any rules but if it does, i will gladly accept the punishment. im sure after this, most will hate me and rightly so but in tryin to do the right thing now, i will probably retire....if i do decide to stay which is not likely, i will just play solo to prevent something further from happening...not to mention that there is no chance i would get an alliance at this point anyway but that is also understandable. as i said, im sorry for doing this and i regret it. and for the few SF people ive known over the years, im sure this will be an even greater hit and thats why i regret doing it. i chose stupidity, over friendship. it wasnt worth the 7 or 8 kills to lose years of friendships and that will be the result of this. /me salutes smr
SOul
Quiet One

Post by SOul »

even though what he did was wrong in a moral sense there is nuthin he can be banned for all he did was play the bad guy role.
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

Something like this every once in a while adds a little spice to the game.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

i chose stupidity, over friendship
well, yes, but they choosed alliance prosperity over friendship so that puts them on the same place.
I'm not defending anyone here, but one thing that has to be taken into consideration is that this is not real life, it's an internet game and sometimes we don't have time for internet over real life happenings.
Use The Force(s)!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

im glad to know that someone i have trusted with sf for many games would go and do this.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all