Newbie Help Leader not doing any work?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
DragonLancer
Quiet One

Post by DragonLancer »

well from my experience trying to help new players, they wont listen to you unless you have LOTS of xp.....it is the only measuring stick they have to see if you know what you are talking about, so if NHL is not in top 5-10 most newbs wont even listen, works even better when he is number 1 lol

and i dont think ive seen a game when he has finished game in top 10 so its no big deal...i think this is a case of a relativly new player putting too much prize on xp

and i dont think GS think down on ard, at least they dont say it to me if they do....
Hypno
Quiet One

Post by Hypno »

I have been talking with Holy for some time now and I think Holy is a pretty cool player so to belittel her in the way some of the posts have is not cool. I disagree with the opinion she states though but I have heard it many times. However, more often than not, as a player gaines more time and experience in the game they begin to see the reality of what's really going on and they normally change their opinion. If someone does not change their opinion thats fine. Everyone is entitled to their own.

When Ard is ranked with us normal players it is actully a good thing. It helps the newer players to see how good he is and how much he works in the game. I know that he may well put a player out of the top 10 and that player may well be me. I do not care at all. That is nothing compared to what the gains are for Ard and the game overall.

Thank you Ard!
Hobbs
Quiet One

Post by Hobbs »

Hypno wrote:I have been talking with Holy for some time now and I think Holy is a pretty cool player so to belittel her in the way some of the posts have is not cool.

Everyone is entitled to their own.
How did you manage to encourage people to have opinions, then tell us it was not cool to have an opinion about someone, in the same post?

On a more relevant note I agree with what was said earlier. Ardbeg does a great job; I know if I had to deal with all those newbies I would go crazy trying not to kill them. I should thank him everytime he answers a dumb newbie question that I might have had to answer instead, or that might have ended up getting me killed in the future. WTG Ard :)
What part of lockbox do you not understand!?
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

as an interesting observation. No one would be defending her if she was a fat ugly guy like me.
BooRawl
Quiet One

Post by BooRawl »

Ardbeg may be a good player but this thread says he sucks at being a moderater. Under no circumstances should he be aloud to attack another player like this when he can lock the thread when ever he wants. This is bs.
BooRawl
Quiet One

Post by BooRawl »

PS Ardbeg you are not being harrassed far from it. You are harrassing Holy and you should stop immediately and oppoligize.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Hobbs wrote:
Freon22 wrote:But you know Ardbeg you should not post game names on the board. It isn't fair to the players.
It isn't fair to hold people accountable for what they say? What...?
There is nothing wrong with holding someone accountable. But what I worry about is players messaging her ingame and flaming her for sending Ardbeg that message. Ardbeg is a vet and she is a newbie there is the different.

As it has worked out she and Ardbeg has worked it out ingame, and she had only gotten one or two bad messages. So anyways when is a mod going to lock this thread?
z-money
Quiet One

Post by z-money »

i believe the point of the post was to gauge public opinion to see if most people agreed with holy's point. obviously ard would have been well advised to censor her name, but he's only human, and i certainly would have done the same thing if i were in the same position. and for everyone who is worried that we might be hurting holy's feelings, she needs to understand that criticizing the NHL is not acceptable, particularly calling him "a multi guy", which seems to insinuate that he is cheating in some way...

so i think that we've established that no one but holy cares about having the NHL on the rankings, so i suppose this thread can be locked.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Unfortunately, I get this kind of thing regularly, and I prefer to deal with it publicly for 2 reasons: 1) I believe it is important for everything to do with NHL to be publicly known, and 2) I want any critics to show they have the cojones to criticise me on the webboard instead of hiding being private ingame messages.

I have nothing against Holy, and do believe she was simply misguided and ill-informed - but there are clearly Green Skulls vets talking down about what I do, and I felt her declaration of the "public opinion" of me belonged here.

@boorawl. If you have a problem with me, take it to the proper channels, but I suggest you get your facts straight first (I am not currently an active moderator).
Hobbs
Quiet One

Post by Hobbs »

Ardbeg wrote:Unfortunately, I get this kind of thing regularly, and I prefer to deal with it publicly for 2 reasons: 1) I believe it is important for everything to do with NHL to be publicly known, and 2) I want any critics to show they have the cojones to criticise me on the webboard instead of hiding being private ingame messages.

I have nothing against Holy, and do believe she was simply misguided and ill-informed - but there are clearly Green Skulls vets talking down about what I do, and I felt her declaration of the "public opinion" of me belonged here.
Well ard, we love you. So keep doing what the NHL does best!
What part of lockbox do you not understand!?