random thoughts: this just seems so incoherent...

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

random thoughts: this just seems so incoherent...

Post by Volrath »

I've been pretty much absent form smr life for over a week, due to rl stuff... i just came and read all these new threads in mb. i didn't respond to any, since most have turned pointless, get out of hand or got locked...

but one thing i noticed is that people say anything to take jabs at other alliances, even when they say exactely the opposite a couple weeks before...

i've recentely been accused of trying to turn some random thread into a "BD did this" kind of thread, while responding to a personal jab at my alliance. this is not the case, PLEASE don't misread me.

i've read something about the game turning from a "win at all costs" to a "win at all cost and rub it in"... now it just seems that everything that gets posted in MB is turned into an alliance turf war... every comment is an excuse to take a jab a the other alliance... every point from a player is automatically invalidated if he belongs to a different allaince... is there a point??

now, PLEASE, dont turns this into a flame war, im just voicing an opinion about something that has always confused me... im gonna state 2 recent happening / comments i've just read...

i remember a couple weeks ago, on our last OP against SF, reading globals from some people saying stuf like "bah, you only attack the crippled, come attack the real alliance, the only true enemy, etc"...
now i read somewhere the same people saying its BD's fault that SF didn't quit, that we should have stayed on, the we suck for not giving the kill blow etc, etc... is there any reason for using complete opposite arguments with just the intent of taking a jab at a person/alliance...

i read people blaming BD for choosing the "i win" galaxy, that we got the easy gal, etc... when i remember for a fact those people trying to get that same galaxy at game start, and were just unable, since i started mining our corridors from day 3...

now, Im sure every alliance can say the same thing about all others.
i've seen jabs taken at BD in all kind of unrelated threads, for instance, when some AtG stole from SF... i also know that some of my alliance members won't turn down ANY oppurtunitty to take a jab at crusaders...

it seems that everyone just grabs any excuse they can get to attack everyone else...

i just wonder what's the point?... :(
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

Currently in Veil of Avalon
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Volrath »

also, i apologize for this thread, but reading 10 days worth of posts in this MB really brings anyone down...

i almost wish i didn't come read it...

and now, i almost wish i didn't write this, cause this will be turned into another flame thread no doubt...

its just that i don't see where the supposed "community" really exists...

but well...
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

SYS konfigg
Quiet One

Post by SYS konfigg »

I couldn't agree more. Who want's to read all those pointless posts on MB. After 3 post all threads get the same...

It's a good thing new players don't use MB

SYS
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

Yeah its getting a bit out of hand, because the war is getting heating. As much shots BD takes at them they give out as well but it should stay in game and not on the webboard.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i agree fully, its one thing to jab at each other in game, but to bring it to the public Web Board is another. I think Volrath makes a valid point here
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Hobbs
Quiet One

Post by Hobbs »

Theres more to doing it than just saying it's a bad thing.
What part of lockbox do you not understand!?
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: random thoughts: this just seems so incoherent...

Post by Purify »

Volrath wrote: i read people blaming BD for choosing the "i win" galaxy, that we got the easy gal, etc... when i remember for a fact those people trying to get that same galaxy at game start, and were just unable, since i started mining our corridors from day 3...
I would like proof of this fact :P

But to the point, there has been trash talking from all alliances this game in globals, PMs and the webboard..... in recent games alliances have been relatively friendly to one another congradulating them on a job well done when ops are successful... and laughing about unsuccessful ones.... but this game alliances seem to take things more personally....

Maybe we need some sort of alliance discussion thread where we can get out all our frustrations with one another and therefore not fill up the meaningful game discussions with alliance bickering...
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: random thoughts: this just seems so incoherent...

Post by Volrath »

Purify wrote:
Volrath wrote: i read people blaming BD for choosing the "i win" galaxy, that we got the easy gal, etc... when i remember for a fact those people trying to get that same galaxy at game start, and were just unable, since i started mining our corridors from day 3...
I would like proof of this fact :P
lol, if only i would have saved the scout messages... :D

DragonLancer
Quiet One

Post by DragonLancer »

trash talk is what makes the game fun...if you dont want it here make a whole new thread on Forum Index that we can just vent on each other....but of course keep it clean...but dont lock it once one person makes a jab at another person
Hobbs
Quiet One

Post by Hobbs »

DragonLancer wrote:trash talk is what makes the game fun...
Wow, lovely, I happen to disagree.
What part of lockbox do you not understand!?