My Map

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Corran
Quiet One

My Map

Post by Corran »

I know its a tad late to put in a map idea but just for future looks at things and different ideas im going to post it here. Blue is neutral, yellow CA, red is planet, same policy as whoever with the CA with all bars in so you cant mine. Sizes is up to devs on what they think would be best

fixed
Last edited by Corran on Sun May 21, 2006 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
lawrenceofarabia
Quiet One

Post by lawrenceofarabia »

eh
PirateOne-PO

Post by PirateOne-PO »

i like this more than ards and greys ones :mrgreen:
Unseen Death
Quiet One

Post by Unseen Death »

Hmm the racial planets setup seems a bit unbalanced. The racial center, top and bottom galaxies don't connect to any neturals, so they are farther away from CA/planets/etc. Also the 2 middle center racial galaxies have 5 warps, 2 to both neturals. I think that gives them a bit unfair advantage vs racials with no warps to neturels and one with only 1 warp to netural galaxy. Otherwise, it looks ok.
z-money
Quiet One

Post by z-money »

yep, the racial warp situation definitely needs some tweaking.

also, i don't know if this is a bad thing or not, but you might end up with some unfortunate situations if/when two rival alliances end up setting up camp across the universe from each other. it would seem like it would severely limit interaction to have some planet gals 50 or 60 sectors from each other. the planet gals branching out from CA gals also is interesting. that could either eliminate neutral gal mining or lead to one alliance completely taking over one of the CA gals by mining the CA-neutral gal warp. i'm also assuming that unos would be in neutrals and not in CA or planets gals, so ops would be mega hard if you had to go through two warps (Crusaders might beg to differ ;) ). maybe just add some warps and take away some warps in key places and this would be a great universe.
Corran
Quiet One

Post by Corran »

this is a reposted picture, there were originally warps to the nuetral from the top sectors ill fix that real quick
Anx-
Quiet One

Post by Anx- »

I'd get rid of the yellow neutrals and just connect the planet galaxies to the blue ones. Smaller map is nice and plus then the foot traffic should help keep mines down.
Save the whales, harpoon a fat chic
Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

Anx- wrote:I'd get rid of the yellow neutrals and just connect the planet galaxies to the blue ones. Smaller map is nice and plus then the foot traffic should help keep mines down.
Agrees or even make the yellow nuetrals "combat accessories" galaxies that arent mineable. then make the warp from the nuetral to the ca galaxies unmineable and should improve the fleet aspect and make the mining harder.
Corran
Quiet One

Post by Corran »

they are unminablel galaxies, the CA ones
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Volrath »

2 concerns about this map:

woud those CA gals be the only CA's? they are a bit away from racials... if you need forces for a PSF you'd need 3 days worth of turns :)

also, how far away from uno would planet gals be? 2 warps? turns spent mining vs clearing seem a bit unbalanced, although you can only mine inside planet gal so i don't know how that would turn out...
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

Currently in Veil of Avalon