The Current Game: Current Gripes.

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

The Current Game: Current Gripes.

Post by Shady_FA- »

1) Race Wars Hardware: I don't agree with having uno act as CA. Expect Ikkies to just sit on CAs and run stuff there. But since it's already been talked about, I'll leave it for now. At least until I go out and see Ikkies just camping there waiting for poor miners.

2) Doubling the warps in the major galaxies. I see no need for this. You can just about get anywhere from any spot in the galaxy. It seems like a waste.

3) 4 Extra Planet Gals. Come on now, there are not 8 real alliances this game. I don't even think all the planet gals were filled last game, yet we make more gals? Let's be honest, we aren't gonna have 4 noob filled galaixes with planets, there shouldn't be a need for it.

4) 16 Planets per Galaxy. Ok this one is just...weird. There should be no need for this many planets. There will be no major fleet fights as finding a lander will be close to impossible. 12 gals x 16 planets is almost 200 planets, I dont evne think 200 will even PLAY this game. What's the point of even attacking a planet? The chances of finding cream is 1/16 and at worse 10% (if you are good enough to logically deduce out 6 planets, which isn't the case with the 24 hour stats).

5) Big Sellers in planet gals already. As much as I didn't like OR, I did like his idea of nothing but level 2 goods in neutrals, and ESPECIALLY in planet gals. But what's the point of building a port, when there's one already made for you? Upgrade it once or twice, trade it for a couple weeks, and it's already near impossible to bust!

Overall, this does not look like a very good map this game. We have at best...maybe 5 alliances who will build planets, and maybe 2 newbie alliances. That leaves at least 5 gals of pure empty space. There's little point of warring on other alliances' turf because it will be next to impossible to overtake a whole galaxy.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

alot of good points were hit here and i agree with all of them. 16 planets is way too much, we had a game 2 games ago with this size planet gals and only 8 planets and there was no bust on a lander, so i dunno how 16 planets will help that cause and yes i also agree that there should not be huge ports in the planet gals. you should have to work for a port by putting money into it and building it, now it will take only a couple strategic busts and you will have a good money route, which if you want less money in the game, you kinda went counter-productive on that one.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

i agree.. this game is poorly made. going to turn out to be one of the worse games we have had latly.. i thought we have learned from our mistakes. But guess not
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
z-money
Quiet One

Post by z-money »

yeah i hate to be defeatist, but it seems that this game was doomed from the beginning with the ports error, and now all the other problems that have come to light. i feel like this will probably end up being a hunter's game with maybe a couple of alliances pointlessly holding down planet gals against no attacks. this could maybe be a good map idea with a few tweaks but, with all due respect to BOB, it's just a bad idea for an inexperienced map maker to make some big decisions (adding planet gals, making racewars hardware shops) apparently without the input of other admins. i'm basing that observation completely on circumstantial evidence, so correct me if i'm wrong.

i won't write off the map quite yet, but it's not shaping up too well so far. the map is only as good as the people who take advantage of its weaknesses. or something.
Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

i agree with shady for the most part. 16 planets in a galaxy is way too much. However having the 4 extra planet galaxies i dont mind. Last round LB and 2 new alliances tried to claim galaxies and were forced out in the first couple of days. Now maybe they will be able to claim them and be semi left alone to learn.
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

the port thing is my biggest issue, as i am currently flying solo. i had mapped my race galaxy, and traded. the next day all my trades changed. and i still dont know if i remapped everything. large waste of turns:(

didnt matter as much for the bigger guys due to being able to just have multiple people do it and share maps. but for the newbies they got put at a HUGE disadvantage, more so for the brand new people that dont understand the trade economics/exp ratios...
i killed orca.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

silverx2 wrote:the port thing is my biggest issue, as i am currently flying solo. i had mapped my race galaxy, and traded. the next day all my trades changed. and i still dont know if i remapped everything. large waste of turns:(

didnt matter as much for the bigger guys due to being able to just have multiple people do it and share maps. but for the newbies they got put at a HUGE disadvantage, more so for the brand new people that dont understand the trade economics/exp ratios...
Actually contact me in game and I will get you full maps.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Oh and to Shady, you won't have to worry about me messing up another map anytime soon. This was a one time deal while PV was away moving. Also, if we ever get beta finished, and this mapped is as screwed up as you say, it will just be one more good excuse to end the game early and put in new code.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

It definitely feels like a hunters game so far as there are some places in Omar you can sit and be bout 5 sectors away from 5-6 different racial warps.

I also think Omar needed to be a bit bigger. Omar and Salz should have been closer to 20x20. Definitely too many planet gals, 8-10 max is needed, and 16 planets is way to much, again 8-10 max.

With how small Omar and Salz is, and the amount of warps, the game feels tiny.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

I stand by my game design, and would have liked to have seen it played/designed as I suggested.