wow hunters

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
z-money
Quiet One

Post by z-money »

i remember the days when thev was THE race to be if you were a vet hunter, and in the early game you could always count on all the vet hunters being in caras, not ITAC's like now.

while the speed increase and weapons changes did play a big role in the decline in thevian activity, i think a lot of it also had to do with the fact that people have, over the past few games, started playing much more team-based games, where devs and MSes and other top racials are more useful, particularly when the speed is high enough that coming into an op with 500+ turns is a given. for the most part, most racial hunters are obsolete at this point, having been replaced after a few weeks by DC's and FU's, and the TAC just doesn't stand up to other top racials when it comes down to it (not that it was ever meant to, but since an MS can get 500+ turns now in a couple of days, a TAC just aint that useful)

so i guess i didnt give any insight into this problem, but we should maybe address this imbalance at some point, or maybe just wait for the balance to swing back the other way if we ever go back to normal speed games.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Game universe is too small for 1.5 speed. Map is made for 1.25.
Use The Force(s)!
Anx-
Quiet One

Post by Anx- »

While the games being faster may add a little bit to thevian not being played I would venture to say it's by far the most damning. ITACs are stronger for hunting, there weap is now useless to get peaces, and if u plan on opping TAC sux compared to MS. To make Thevs worth anything again u need to drop the Wq weap and fix Ikky. Until I see Thev eventually not being played at all.
Save the whales, harpoon a fat chic
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Shady_FA- »

Anx what do you mean by most damning?
DragonLancer
Quiet One

Post by DragonLancer »

I think if you gave the TAC a few mines and/or a few drones it would balance them out and we wouldnt be having this discussion.....cus WQ is just about as fast and they have cloak, mines, drones, kick A weapon, and all around good looks......TAC is basicly a wortheless ship

but this is an old discussion and ive already suggested this b4....maybe now something will be done about it
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Well maybe WQ isn't the yard stick we need. They seem to be a bit too good now if you ask me.

What Thev might need is a low acc, high damage level 3 armor gun. Then they'll be superb for clearing in big ops.
Pings seldom come alone and rarely when you're online
Remlak
Beta Tester

Post by Remlak »

DragonLancer wrote:I think if you gave the TAC a few mines and/or a few drones it would balance them out and we wouldnt be having this discussion.....cus WQ is just about as fast and they have cloak, mines, drones, kick A weapon, and all around good looks......TAC is basicly a wortheless ship

but this is an old discussion and ive already suggested this b4....maybe now something will be done about it
Adding forces to TAC would be a bad idea; it would destroy the principle of the ship. If any changes should be made to the ship, then i think the default tph should be increased to maximum output, at 12tph. This way, ship retains its superior speed and individuality qualities, even if any given game is set at 1.5tph or above. Imagine an all theiven crew with 18tph TAC's /w 1.5 game speed :)

Thevians weapons on the other hand is an issue. TSD used to be a nice weapon, specially for evils. Its too bad those stupid wq weapons came out :(
I would have to agree with an increase in TSD accuracy, or possibly a high damage lvl 3 thevian weapon as an addition to our arsonal, but only if no changes are made to TAC.

Beyond the lack of thevian weapons, i dont see any major problems at all with the race. Ive been thevian just about every SMR game ive joined, and have always had fun with the race. Ill never change to another race because they have more firepower or better weapons. Less people playing thevian means more routes for me to trade *shrugs*
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Here's a radical idea - remove that idiotic, unbalancing, overpowered WQ wepp that should never have been introduced in the first place!!

We were told it was being put in to see how it went - well, it's gone terribly, so let's take it out.
Hobbs
Quiet One

Post by Hobbs »

Maybe just give the TSD the new WQ weapons stats and then get rid of the WQ weapon? That gets rid of the WQ weapon, and makes TSD better in order to balance the other problems thevs are having? Just an idea.
What part of lockbox do you not understand!?
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

I like hobbs idea.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC