wow hunters

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Anx-
Quiet One

Post by Anx- »

Ardbeg wrote:Here's a radical idea - remove that idiotic, unbalancing, overpowered WQ wepp that should never have been introduced in the first place!!

We were told it was being put in to see how it went - well, it's gone terribly, so let's take it out.
For once I agree with Ard. Thev is a hunting race and WQ a specialty race. WQ has cloak for its gain. Thev used to get peaces for the shield weap. but now its pointless. Remove the WQ weap would help them alot. Will also make going evil have at least a small downfall again. PPL is still around but it'll help :)
Save the whales, harpoon a fat chic
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

then WQ would be underpowered again, but whatever no one is gonna be happy no matter what happens.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

I normally don't read the webboard, but can't refrain from commenting on this, as the only thev hunter this game. Thevians are hunters, and regardless of what you can say about weapons and the TAC, the cara makes being thevian worth it. My alliance gives me the support to hunt all game so you'll never see me in a TAC anyway.

But if Thevians are a hunting race, then why have a useless warbird type ship next to the cara? I would rather see another hunter, one a bit stronger than the cara but not as strong as a top racial, so it can meet an ITAC face-to-face without having to resort to mines. It's kind of strange that the ikky's have the strongest hunter, although thevian is the hunting race. If you wanna participate in base busts, don't choose Thevian, but if you *do* choose thevian, make sure you get something for your money.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Ardbeg wrote:Here's a radical idea - remove that idiotic, unbalancing, overpowered WQ wepp that should never have been introduced in the first place!!

We were told it was being put in to see how it went - well, it's gone terribly, so let's take it out.
You know as well as I that onces something stupid like that WQ weapon is put in the game they never take it back out again. They only put in good ideas just to remove them, when all they needed was an ajustment. (the combat code come to mind) as one of the good ideas.
Tyr
Quiet One

Post by Tyr »

Why remove it? Get used to it like you did everything else in the game that has changed.

This new weapon is barely different than the tsd. So 100 more shield dmg, big deal. Every player, no matter the race/ship has to be skilled to cause any real trouble. It also helps WQ's peace chances for those that care.

In this instance the reverse of the saying is true: "Don't hate the game, hate the player'.

More options for all.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Options should be balanced - weapons are no longer balanced.
Tyr
Quiet One

Post by Tyr »

Is there usually a heads up about changes, before a new game? Sure there are the usual hunters that do the same thing most games, but some players like to plan by the game's options. As it stands now, I want to play WQ next game after a long hiatus for the race regardless, but it's always nice to know what you're getting into.
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

Ya, I agree with Ardy and the others WQ dont need a sheild weapon it doesnt make them equal it makes them better. Other races would die to have cloak but they dont so they have other advantages
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

why dont we just revert all changes back to what it used to be like before the turn of the century!

WQ shield weapon isnt that big of a deal. I dont see the top 30 in kills all WQ people flying DM's.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

aye i agree with thennian, so the ikky are killing the most so lets get rid of the wq weap. i think they are 2 totally unrelated thing. and its not like there is even an influx of wq this game either
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all