Game lay out

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Game lay out

Post by Thennian »

i have a beef with all the locations in planet galaxy's. Especially weapon shops in planet galaxys is a bad idea, it means less turns used arming.

at a 1.5 game speed it is alot easier to bust level 70's when you dont have to clear 7 or 8 sectors deep of mines, with all these locations it will be easy to take out planets cuz of the lack of being able to mine paths properly.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i fully agree with this, the idea of all the locs in the planet gal is kinda foolish, i mean i could understand a pub and a bank but beyond that its kind of a waste of locs
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

This is how it works with the game design, one extreme to another. Last game planet gals were a bit big and had too many planets and no locs, so now they go for small gals with lots of locs. The game after this they will go back to big gals with no locs and 20 planets, seeminigly forgetting last game.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

My worry about this layout is that the CA to easy to get to. I think before long racial galaxies will have more and more mines.

What will happen is the large alliances will move to their planet galaxies and that will leave only the small alliances and the solo players to try and keep down the mining of the racial galaxies.

I guess time will tell.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

How many 70's were busted last game? I really wasnt paying much attention thru most of the game...

I dont remember alot though... and before I left it was a common thing. This map may be pushing things a bit to the extreme, but I bet the game in general will see more action... mine fields wont be as effective, so we'll be seeing more counter ops and such I think... and maybe a focus on strategy more so... I dunno I think it'll be interesting to see how this pans out.
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

acidtrip
Quiet One

Post by acidtrip »

Mine fields are already effective this game. Parts of the Human galaxy isn't a friendly place I hear.

Game map size and racial, trade galaxies layout I really do like. The single CA worries me because it could be controled by a single stong alliance but my money is on Orca pitching a tent there later on this game.

Planet galaxies are to small and filled with locations and all but one have a uno really close. No single one is defendable. I bet there won't be many lvl 70 rocks and most people will be arming from fed so overall I believe there will be a little less action. Last game if I wanted to find some SF they were parked with in 20 sectors of me. This time we will all be in fed.
Last edited by acidtrip on Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

What i think of this game. Why oh why everytime it seemt hey are small planets galaxy. you allway had lot of sector( this game weapon shop) in them. Last time i saw those small planets galaxy most alliances stop building planets except for 2.

I feel i repeat myself, but we say we want more players in smr. One ca in the game i can see a newbie trying 2 or 3 time to get scouts or mines . After getting kill each time do you think he will stay in the game.

Same for small racial galaxy. This game is only a good setup for players that want to hunt and fed. Those will be happy.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

while I definitely encourage trying new things, a single CA is just plain stupid. What were you thinking?! Even if it does not get locked down by a dominant alliance, the approaches will continually be (at least) single-mined all to hell to make access difficult. The only players able to effectively get forces are large alliances able to dedicate HBC's to jumping into Ara. On top of that, even if a small player can get to the CA alive, there will be veteran hunters just waiting to pick them off there!!

Add to all this a game layout that appears to be promoting more fed parking than usual as well as racial galaxy mining (a curse we have not seen in a while) and we are looking at a game that is about as unfriendly to newbies as you could possibly make it.

Good job [/end sarcasm]
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i got an idea, next time the game is made those that make it look at threads like this to see what not to do :)
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

how about next time i ask what you all want you the the game should look like in a thread and u guys dont respond then dont complain i asked a good 3 weeks before the game what u guys wanted and i got little to no response
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team