Map Ideas for next game

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Map Ideas for next game

Post by Jester- »

Lets get some submissions in. I want some reworked ideas, new ideas and even older maps posted. You can post maps you've done before or even reworked maps we've had before.

Also if you can't get it to post feel free to email it to me at retsej@gmail.com
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Here is one of the older related threads to map making. Feel free to look at it, repost your own map or just get a refresh on people's ideas.

http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php ... light=maps
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

If you need a place to host an image(s) for maps, just let me know.. always got free webspace :P

Anyway, maybe i'll actualy think about doing a map this round ;)
Truth-dead
Quiet One

Post by Truth-dead »

Is it just me or does NG 14 map look like a poorly drawn Plant Cell from a biology book lol anyway none the less I like it
Cowards die many times before their deaths.
The valiant taste of death only once.
Its strange that men shall fear something,
that shall come when it shall come.
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

Map 1 I recomend for 1000 players. which we dont have. its simple 8 racials, 2 neutrals, featuring a hub in middle. 3000 sectors.

Map 2 is what I recomend for next round. I recomend for 750 players. Its high access map, meaning lots of warps between galaxies so theres lots of ways to get everywhere fast. No long ass plots and no one alliance being able to mine something and ruin game for everyone. simple 8 planet galaxies no hub. 2500 sectors.

Map 1

Map 2
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Curufir

Post by Curufir »

Ooh. Shiny.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

I would be very worried that map 2 would be a paradise for fed-based hunters - the extremely high accessibility of all racial galaxies would lead to trading being practically impossible unless the racials were huge.

It is also a concern that there is only 1 neutral galaxy buffering the planet galaxies from the racials - from experience, this leads to non-aligned players and newbies getting toasted if they so much as poke a small laser through their racial warps.
bogadu

Post by bogadu »

I say, one big 200x200 map, with scattered planets, racial HQ, and 2 CA
Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies
bogadu

Post by bogadu »

sooo, if you really want a graphical picture, It would be 1 big box.
Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies