Who runs the game?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

it was a more valid tactic becuase you dont launch you bust a rock back then thast why it was used more.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: ba

Post by Freon22 »

First canff I did play back then and it was not used A LOT, next everyone did not park on one planet like you say. Eveyone looks for an edge from hunters to trader, I can not blame them. But you can not control more then one ship in the game that way. You can trigger for more then one ship you just can not move another ship from point A to point B.

If you want to be able to move other ships within your alliance then ask for a code change that gives you the power over your team mates ships.
BooRawl
Quiet One

Post by BooRawl »

not true at all Freon22.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

BooRawl wrote:not true at all Freon22.
Is that all you can say? Come on its me if you played SM 7, 8, 9 years ago, tell me how you and your team played.

We had treaties we could have put 60 on one planet if we wanted too. But as far as I remember I never seen it.

Take that back there was one time when us and SPB had taken a planet inside of an emeny galaxy. We stock the planet and park on it for another raid the next day.
Space Gnat
Quiet One

Post by Space Gnat »

Baalzamon wrote:ya...i agree with you DemiGod...i think this is kinda like slave trading...not cool, not respectable, but legit...IMO this is just preventing new strategies from emerging in a new game.....i don't know exactly what happened, but i would think doing something like that is gutsy...especially since i'm assuming some of his/her alliance members would take pods without even knowing it. If i was on a planet and then my alliance member got me killed, i'd be ;), but I don't think there should be a rule against it. Its like making a rule against having spies and such...not very fun to be on the receiving end, but still a tactic availible...
may be if you got coders to make changes instead of same drudgery game after game, you wouldnt have so much controversy. code things in to make the game more interesting instead of it being just a question of who can get the most 10k experience warbirds in sector first
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Freon22 wrote:
BooRawl wrote:not true at all Freon22.
Is that all you can say? Come on its me if you played SM 7, 8, 9 years ago, tell me how you and your team played.

We had treaties we could have put 60 on one planet if we wanted too. But as far as I remember I never seen it.

Take that back there was one time when us and SPB had taken a planet inside of an emeny galaxy. We stock the planet and park on it for another raid the next day.
Yeah that would have been suicide. Planets back then, when their defenses were destroyed, you stayed on the planet and fired in defense of the planet.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
DPR

Post by DPR »

B.O.B. wrote:
Yeah that would have been suicide. Planets back then, when their defenses were destroyed, you stayed on the planet and fired in defense of the planet.
Which is how it should be now too.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

If that was the case now, planets would be completely useelss. Why even bother if you don't get protection after planet is dead? It's not that hard to get 15 people to bu st a lvl 70, but it is hard to bust the fleet afterwards.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Jester- wrote:If that was the case now, planets would be completely useelss. Why even bother if you don't get protection after planet is dead? It's not that hard to get 15 people to bu st a lvl 70, but it is hard to bust the fleet afterwards.
aye - thats what takes organisation to allow enough turns to kill potentially 30 parkers after killing the planet.
farad1

ok MY 2 cents

Post by farad1 »

I've used this tactic myself before and my use was even worse 'cheating' but I was the alliance leader and I did it even though I knew it was fuzzy because it saved my allaince at the time. We were getting busted by The Kid and his bunch of yahoos but some admim, I forget just who off the top of my head, had parked a sms on my planet ig'd as a semi. This sms was NOT in my allaince so about midway through the bust I kicked him off into space and followed 5 seconds later with the 7-8 guys I had online to mop up what was left of the poor fools that couldn't resist takeing a shot at a 'semi'.
never underestimate the power of the sneakiness