Who runs the game?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
DemiGod
Quiet One

Who runs the game?

Post by DemiGod »

Loophole
Any future use of the following loophole will result in ban points being given under rule #14. The follow tactic is considered a loophole and an abuse of the current system:
1. Leaving your alliance, while on your lander planet.
2. Booting your ex-alliance members off the planet.
3. Rejoining your alliance.
4. Firing on enemy raiding party that passes through the sector you just booteed everyone off the planet from.

If you were meant to be able to boot alliance members off your planet to create on offline fleet to fire on a raiding enemy, this ability would coded into the game. Getting this as a coded option into alliance features is a legitimate topic that can be discussed on the WB, but current methodology (leaving alliance) to achieve this functionality is a loophole abuse.

Now to my understanding, this feature in the game has been around a long time and has never been a problem. Why is it a problem now? Does it suddenly become an illegal tactic because it was used against Crusaders? What about removing all the shields/not stocking a planet so you can jump a fleet on the first shot? Its essentially the same thing. So after many years of use, not until it is employed against the crusaders does it become illegal?

PV said this wasn't abusive. I have logs.
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

No, this hasnt been used really at all ever. And to see it be used, we discussed it and thought we should try and code in the ability for a leader to kick players in his own alliance off so basically this has helped advance the game to make it legal thing if done right
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

ya...i agree with you DemiGod...i think this is kinda like slave trading...not cool, not respectable, but legit...IMO this is just preventing new strategies from emerging in a new game.....i don't know exactly what happened, but i would think doing something like that is gutsy...especially since i'm assuming some of his/her alliance members would take pods without even knowing it. If i was on a planet and then my alliance member got me killed, i'd be ;), but I don't think there should be a rule against it. Its like making a rule against having spies and such...not very fun to be on the receiving end, but still a tactic availible...
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

no the difference between this and say slave tradign is that 2 players or more are involved with it and in this aspect its 1 player controlling 29 players.
DemiGod
Quiet One

Post by DemiGod »

Kinda like when your op leader tells you to attack a lvl 70 player? One play controlling 15+?
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i dont think there is anything wrong here personally, its a tactic no one used before i think those that are mad, are just those that didnt think of doing this, i mean hell it is a risk too you have a fleet offline sitting there. i really see nothing wrong
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
DemiGod
Quiet One

Post by DemiGod »

that would be one player
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Prince Valiant wrote:No, this hasnt been used really at all ever. And to see it be used, we discussed it and thought we should try and code in the ability for a leader to kick players in his own alliance off so basically this has helped advance the game to make it legal thing if done right
^ yeah I can see this as something desired to be coded in. But until it is coded in, it isn't a legitimate tactic.

And for the record: The only reason this hasn't been address before is cause it has never been brought to my attention. I'm not an alliance leader (never have been) and definitely don't know the INs and OUTs of what you can do as an alliance leader.

LotuS was just unlucky enough to be the first reported for it.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
DemiGod
Quiet One

Post by DemiGod »

So why not allow it while we try and figure out how to get it coded?
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

This is not at all like when an op leader controls a whole fleet during a level 70....... because.... now bare with me.... he does not control your ship movements.....

unlike in this situation